1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do customers feel about fountain drinks at take out places

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Mar 5, 2015.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

He's in NY, not Houston.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Man, fountain drinks are such a pleasant surprise at an asian restaurant, hahah. I only say that b/c you have no option. You want a soda, you pay for the can/bottle.

So, I don't agree with a lower price for the "same" product. I can't go into any other store, and say, you know, you are out of stock on the S550, so I'll take the S63/65 AMG at the S550 price. Thanks.

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Well...damn.

4. Falcons Talon

I agree Major. I do enjoy the service of restaurants that make substutions with no added charge, but I never expect any to do it. As long as there are no unseen charges or terrible service, I don't ever have issues with how a restaurant is run.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

At the very least, I'd at least tell customers when there are drinks out.

6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Put up a sign by the register that your out of root beer. If a customer still wants it, he can pay for the bottle. If a customer finds another flavor that's out, give him a bottle (if you have it) of that same type and then update sign.

7. Buck Turgidson

Since we're on the subject of fountain drinks, it should be a law that all drink ice dispensers make the little rabbit-pellet ice. So much more delicious and easier on my teeth when I chew on it.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol customer is an entitled prick for asking for the same price for the bottle. is it really that serious?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The last question could be asked of the owner too. Is it really that serious to just give the bottle when you don't have the fountain drink. People are weird and if you want to provide good customer service, you shouldn't start with "my customers must only think this way or I'll think they're idiots". I mean, you can think it, but putting that thought into practice probably isn't the smartest way to stay in business.

We have that in our office now. It's freaking great.

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Offer to give them a free fountain drink (of another flavor, obviously). Would it be cheaper than giving him a bottle for the fountain price to you?

11. Falcons Talon

Hotballa, you could always just provide the drinks in bottle that you don't offer in the fountain. Coke, Diet Coke, Red Fanta, DP, Sprite, Root Beer in the fountain, all other flavors in bottle. Problem solved.

12. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

NYC? Which spot?

13. Major

Major Member

Definitely not this solution. The bottle should cost less wholesale than the fountain drink retail price. So giving a free fountain drink would result in a loss for the business (vs a minimal profit by selling the bottle at the reduced price) and a customer that still doesn't get what he most wanted.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Please provide caffeine free options

15. Bob Barker 007

No, the problem is not solved. He would be buying products without considering the demand for those bottled drinks.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seems reasonable

I think . . if would be a nice thing to do . . .but not necessary

Rocket River

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ONE MORE THING . . .there is always escalation

Next step . . . .
    "Well, the Bottle taste better than the Fountain . . . . since its the same . . . i want the bottle for the price of the fountain" - The same customer on the next visit

people will push as far as they can . . . . be prepared for it

Rocket River

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This.

Yelp and online reviews have empowered some customers to act like total pricks.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Agreed. There's a difference between providing good customer service and letting someone take advantage of you.

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I thought his parents owned a sandwich shop on bellaire in Houston that he works in? Or is that someone else?