1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How did the US get so fat over the last 25 years?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^that link posted before about the Mediterranean Diet gave some insight on how the initial gain from low carb diet is the body's natural reaction to shedding water weight. For me at least, if I want to get the next level I'd have to work out on top of it to maintain my gains and increase energy burning muscle.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

because we fry everything? :confused:

3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

no self control

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

It does make social outings more awkward because no one wants to eat right..

"The right way is not always the popular and easy way." Margaret Chase Smith (1897-1995); Us Senator

5. droopy421

droopy421 Member

It is awkward to eat right in public? :confused::confused:

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I went to an all you can eat buffet with a few of my co-workers the other day. Everyone started freaking out when I had two relatively small helpings of frozen yogurt after my meal. They couldn't believe "someone that eats two helpings of ice cream can be so small!!!!!!" Well, it was a splurge, but these are people that had piled their plates high with fried food and then had a piece of cake afterwards. I had nothing but rice, grilled chicken, veggies, and a tiny piece of steak for my main course. It's like people are just ****ing r****ded and looking for an excuse to be fat. I exercise major portion control and get some form of exercise on most days. Nothing extreme, just a little bit of self discipline.

7. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

you want to force your body into ketosis? lmao