1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how did ron artest not get shown the door??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wgray, May 22, 2012.

1. wgray

wgray Member

FOULS: FLAGRANT-UNSPORTSMANLIKE
    Posted Jan 31 2001 12:00AM
    Print RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up

Celebrate the Tradition

To be unsportsmanlike is to act in a manner unbecoming to the image of professional basketball. It consists of acts of deceit, disrespect of officials and profanity. The penalty for such action is a technical foul. Repeated acts shall result in expulsion from the game and a minimum fine of $1000.

A flagrant foul-penalty (1) is unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent.

A flagrant foul-penalty (2) is unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent. It is an unsportsmanlike act and the offender is ejected immediately.

The offender will be subject to a fine not exceeding $35,000 and/or suspension by the Commissioner.

See Rule 12B-Section IV for interpretation and penalties.

he had the 1 and then he got a t?? or did i miss something???

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This about yesterday? It was b.s. flagrant in the first place. Scott Foster gave him and Kobe a T with the quickness, probably because he was embarrassed and he didn't like getting called out. He would've only gotten ejected if it was a flagrant 2 or 2 techs.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Ron got all ball on that play yesterday. As much as I hate the Lakers, he and Kobe both got bogus Ts

4. AXG

AXG Member

Because his name is Metta World Peace

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Once the ref gave him a tech I thought he was ejected too.

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I thought the same thing, but no one even mentioned it during the game. If you get a tech on a flagrant foul, and then you get a tech for your reaction, that is 2 techs...How was he not ejected? And how did no one notice this and explain why?

7. nabeel623

nabeel623 Contributing Member

he never got a tech on the flagrant foul. he got a flagrant foul. the tech was on his reaction. So basically he got 1 flagrant & 1 technical. = No Ejection

8. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

right. flagrant fouls and technical fouls are completely different things.

artest's flagrant yesterday was complete BS. on top of that it could be debated that it wasnt even a foul, only reason it was called because whats his face fell down.