1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How big the fish Morey will trade in this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Jun 4, 2010.

1. AhmedZakaria

AhmedZakaria Member

Not only does he bring in players with almost nothing to offer other teams, he saves the rox a helluvalotta money. so even if he didnt keep his fans happy (which he does) he'd be here to stay anyways. so learn to love him like we all do and appreciate what he brings to the table.

Also DD,

if cap space allowed, i think morey could be sneaky and pull a mega star. all the stars we have now are more suited for and can be amazing role players. (Brooks/Martin/Scola/Yao(Post Injury?) could all be threats on the offense, if we can bring an all around player that can defend/pass too (see wade/lebron/kobe) we would be a match up nightmare for anyone (minus dwight who rox have noone to d on him and i dont think they will any time soon.)

So my point DD is, we can pull off a trade, land the right chips, and have a elite contender. all the talent needed to win a ring is around the player...that we dont have. We need someone hungry.

2. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

dork Elvis... is that you trying to get more love on line? well o.k. yes D.M. has made mistakes 1 glaring one is plating for the title for the hated Celtics (big baby),but Aron Brooks, Carl Landry, Chase , i would say barring injury 2 out of three of that group will be All stars. and meat loaf said it best 2 out of three ain't bad!....hating because you are bored w/ internet p*rn is no way to live!!!!!

3. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

This^^^^ Funny how most people don't realize this.

Morey the Master is doing a great job, don't hate.

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

Eh, I'd only go as far as a 2nd round playoff team. If Hill and Budinger have breakout sophomore performances, then we may see the finals.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am counting on them continuing to improve.

DD

6. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

2nd round pick -> landry -> Martin is a pretty nice accomplishment. Is there another GM that would trade your starting PG on a playoff team for a 3rd string PG on a losing team...and get the best player in the deal?

And I reserve judgement on whether we contend till the season starts.

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

dude seriously? ur joking rite? hahaha dumb thread of the day goes to ma friend ;)

i wont wont even go into detail to defend Morey cuz ur case is worthless

8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

? u dont remember how Yao OWNS Dwight on both ends? other than that decent points

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who cares what he said... the man traded Tracy McGrady who was in his last year in the NBA(unless he finds the fountain of youth and a box of Methanphedamines) for an premier player in Kevin Martin who puts up all-star numbers and (if he stays healthy) will be an all star next year, MARK MY WORDS.

He got a really good prospect in Jordan Hill who will at least be a Joakim Noah type of player and landed three potential first round picks to draft the next superstar or two. Five years from now that could be the best part of the deal.

He got rid of a headcase in Joey Dorsey, and gave us comical entertainment in Hilton Armstrong. In My opinion Tracy for Hilton was worth the trade just for laughs alone.

The only thing we gave up was a fan favorite in Landry and as much as we love him in Houston, he probably is at his full potential now and him moving to a team like Sacramento were he can start is good for him and the Rockets.

Morey is the best GM in the business who makes the most out of almost nothing. He might get over his head and make some bad decisions in the future but so far he has saved this franchise from mediocricy by signing overpayed/underproducing playersand being in debt.
    SHOW SOME RESPECT.

10. amaru

amaru Member

Fixed.

Unfortunately Yao hasn't owned anybody in a while :(

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

he was out this season, yea ok wats ur point? hes gona be bak and he'll def remind Dwight of whos the best and Im sure you'll act like u never doubted him :rolleyes:

12. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I believe Yao dominated D12 the year his team went to the finals...You know..2 years ago. :)

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

The only think I expect from Mr. Daryl Morey is the unexpected.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's ok man. We forgive you for being one of those ignorant old-school basketball fans that still thinks guys like Vince Carter Tyreke Evans Baron Davis or Monta Ellis are premier basketball players while some scrawny runts like Kevin Martin and Steve Nash are obviously bad players because they don't look the part.

Actually, it's not even worth us trying to convince you of anything, since people have been posting since the time we wanted Martin two years ago until now about how underrated he was.

You just keep living your life believing that some players and some teams are "lucky" while others are snubbed despite having true talent. Keep banging your head against the wall at the inequities of life and making conspiracy theories to explain why things never happen the way you expect them to. Oh and in that last sentence, inequities means "**** ain't fair". Get it?

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Getting a big fish may not always work out... I mean no fish is bigger than a whale, and the Bouncy Whale acquisition certainly didn't work out very well.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I respect your opinion but I feel you are off the mark. Don't overlook our weaknesses.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats a finals appearance and posible championship. ;)

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

what about the 19, 20 ppts of Martin
    14 by Bud
    13 Ariza

We have to worry about the D only.

19. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yeah you can expect 20 ppg from both Martin and Brooks. But until Yao steps onto the court and show us what he have left, lets not make any assumption on Yao Ming yet...

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

We all remember how Yao Ming owned Howard in every matchup. But that was then. We don't even know the real status of Yao Ming now. D.Howard got stronger and a whole entire season to improve more while Yao is just trying to get back into where he left off. Yao may used to dominate the match up then, but we be lucky if Yao just manages to keep up now.