1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How big a contact would it take to get Sergio Llull on the Rockets today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Nov 21, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Member

And why would the Rockets ever sign a Rubio very lite to a contract?

2. nono

nono Member

Just one game. For the season he is shooting less than 40%. He probably thinks he won't be able to cut it in the NBA and hence doesn't want to come.

3. meh

meh Member

Yup. This is the reason why I think the Rockets need to offer a little more incentive than normal. He's in such a good situation and already settled in as a star of a perennial contender. So I expect him to care less about coming over than most Euros.

Although I guess if we more or less guaranteed minutes/starter status, then he might take less. But that's hard to imagine.

4. basketballholic

In my humble opinion the 3 best perimeter players in Europe are VSpan, Llull, and McCalebb.

Llull has definitely expressed that he wants to win a championship in Europe. So getting him out of there during the season is going to take some doing. Don't think it will happen. But even after the season Llull or McCalebb is going to have to see $5 million or so to get their buyouts done and still make enough to justify coming over. It's not really going to matter when. We're still going to have to compete with Europe to get them over here.

My personal opinion is not only would McCalebb or Llull be a cheap replacement for Lin but I think both guys would be an upgrade to Lin as well. And if we trade Asik for no incoming salary but simply a draft pick while moving salary to Philly...that could create enough space to get something done with one fo these guys (McCalebb).

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thought I'd bump this. We need a combo guard like Llull here. He hits spot up 3s in pressure. He defends. He's the answer.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No Reeko. It's only a dream. Go back to bed.

7. FeaR

FeaR Member

We must wait to see how Real Madrid will end the season ... and If they win Euroleague, we will have a better shot to sign him(but we will have to undload at least Lin, i imagine) ... Probably Mirotic decision will have an impact.