1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are you watching the Rockets/Astros in 2023?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KelvinCato13, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Sad thing is this isn't far off the price they should be charging American customers and I find it hard to believe anyone from India wouldn't be streaming from 3rd party sites.

They should just be putting commercials in league pass and charging way less. Maybe if you hate commercials so much they can offer you a League Pass Premium which would cost the cast as it does now and maybe give you a few extra perks.

I think most people would be ok with commercials as long as they don't have to pay the insane prices they do now.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

3. a time to chill

Can’t wait to cancel cable once Rockets and Astros are available via streaming/OTA

Williamson likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

With the right combo of ad and script blockers, I never see ads or popups of any kind.

Williamson likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

please share your wisdom and secrets

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah that’s what I have. at some point in the season they always give it discounted deal so I wait for it

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My primary browser is Google Chrome and I use ScriptSafe and Adblock Plus.

I will warn you ahead of time that Script Safe takes a while to learn how to use it properly, but once you do, its a great tool and you wont see ads on any site you go to anywhere.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

thanks breh, imma learn script safe. no moar ads when im doing my researches. for science. ms angela white’s science class.

J.R. and Dredd like this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just stream them on my laptop and project my laptop onto my television. It's pretty sick. I haven't needed cable for years now.

Jontro and clos4life like this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

As Bally and At&T SportsNet faced lot of uncertainty; the coverage on the situation has been minimal from many reporters and podcasters. Their financial situation has been looming for at least a year. Last few weeks, many complain about lack of topics to cover. It's much easier to give opinion on ranking lists than doing some actual reporting. Ok off the soap box.

Regarding Space City Home Network (SCHN), I'm interested to see what they have.

SCHN, League Pass, YouTube TV, Fubo... they're distribution channels. If say Bally go belly-up, are the teams going 'buy' the broadcasting/camera crew team from Bally or start their own? For now I'm assuming the team at At&T's Craig, Ryan, Vanessa, Calvin...etc still have a job assuming their company can still operate another season at loss (due to high NBA license fee and low Ad revenue)

#50 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 16, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  11. Buck Turgidson

There has been a ton of coverage on the demise of the regional sports networks.

It's not very sexy or exciting, or geared toward 1 minute rants on twitter, but it's out there.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wonder why Cable companies won't lower their prices? Everyone is leaving as they should.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. Rockethard

Rockethard Member

Anyone have any updates on this? Moved out of state recently and looking into options on watching Rox. Seems league pass is lowered to $99/$149 depending on screens.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I’m not sure, but I think it’s because they’re locked into deals with the networks…and lowering prices would be pushing towards taking a loss.

clos4life likes this.
  15. clos4life

clos4life Member

My mother in law pays over 300 a month in cable fees. It's customers like her keeping them afloat.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Certainly !! I will be watching the Houston Rockets on the TV.
    Why would I look at the Astros? Because I am a Basketball Fan !!!!!!!!! Y

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. JW86

JW86 Member

Huge W!! Hopefully a similar simple but good looking UI, a great intro and finally some classic games re-broadcast

kdchilds likes this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

YoutubeTV?

#59 Snow Villiers, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    cdastros, TMac'n and Fullcourt like this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's insane. Wow.

clos4life likes this.