1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are you coping?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Rocket_Man_2.0

I'm smoking a bud right now..after that stressful game I deserve it.:cool:

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Jeremy Lin can't sell tickets if his play sucks.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

for me it is simple. We knew this playground style no defense style was getting us nowhere.

Now the Rockets can suffer this tough loss and learn. They can learn that you need a real coach and this gimmick ball gets you no where and depends FAR too much on luck.The Blazers have been the luckier team, hitting mroe wild shots than the Rockets. Congrats. They can enjoy their false success and get schooled in the next round and think they are going somewhere.

Meanwhile the Rockets will re-tool and re-evaluate and learn as they always do. Morey had to blow his load getting Harden and Howard and now he gets to just build around them. Lets add some tough veteran players and a real coach and we'll come back with a vengeance.

4. haydenfisher342

doing the same thing

5. Dementium

Dementium Member

Or they could win the next three, knock out Spurs and Clippers, and blow out the Heat. It ain't over yet!

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Canaan isn't activated. wed have to deactivate somone to activate him.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They don't deserve to win the series playing this type of basketball though. It would be a slap in the face to this sport.

It's fun to watch but it's ineffective and it depends on whose hot that night. I'd rather watch a team that relies on good defense and only takes good shots win this thing. A disciplined team. They aren't it.

And I realize this loss may do more good than harm for the future of this team. They have to see (The FO) that Mchale is one of the worst coaches in the NBA and if it takes this then it takes this. At this point I wouldn't even care if we get closed out at Toyota center. Les can see it in person then.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

it's not over rockets are only team with talent to blow a 10 point lead in 3 min and come back from a 10 point deficit in 3 min

9. JazzLakerHater

I'm a pessimist by nature, but I'm just not ready to give up on this team yet. I'm not predicting we're going to win this series, but it would not surprise me one bit to see a Game 7. First and foremost, we must win Game 5 and if Portland wins that game and sweeps us at home, Les and Morey have to can McHale.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Lin is a candidate..right?

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I am angry, really angry at how BS this series has been officiated.

But there truly is a silver lining to us taking a first round exit and a few months of hate from the media and LA just laughing.

We get rid of McHale.

This really is taking a step back to take two steps forward kind of thing.

A competent coach who can draw up plays will be a blessing for this team.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I'm high as hell. Kind of wanted to play 2k, but I cant when the rockets lose, so I'm skimming over finals stuff.

1 person likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL cool story bro.

14. steady

steady Member

The loss hurts big time, but hopefully there is a silver lining in getting the FO and Les to be serious about making the coaching and other changes that need to be made.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is how I'm feeling as well. The Rox are a low bball IQ team and are fools gold and the style of play they play does not deserve to win anything.

16. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

If Rocket loss in G5, I will start trace Blazer. They play the team basket !!!

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

joffrey > Lin

18. lupon100

lupon100 Member

The problem is actually on Mchale, not on Lin. He has no effective strategy for the team. Kudos to Terry Stotts who's playing on his team's strengths. Mchale? He could be a good Assistant GM. He was actually a good regular season Coach. But this is the playoffs. A good motivator for the team can only do so much. And when it came down to the final X's and O's in this series, Stotts has shown that he is way way better than him. A revelation, much like what is Buldenhozer is to the Hawks. But it's not Mchale's fault that he was hired to be the head Coach.

19. coffeelover665

1-3? #Ibelieve

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Good regular season??..Mchale??..hell no I've watched 82 games of Terrible rotations and bad minute management..why is jordan Hamilton not playing!????!..he needs to make the rotation a little bigger..we need to add two more to the rotation..dmo and Hamilton look like ok candidates..they aren't great..but harden really needs some rest during these games..