1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are the Golden State Warriors so good?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. I agree that it didn't take much coaching to win with the stacked team they had 5 years ago. But this current Warriors team is definitely NOT stacked.

It's still early, and the soft schedule narrative might have some merit. If they do finish the season as a top team, then either Curry or Kerr is grossly underrated by Rockets fans. Or maybe Draymond is a GOAT candidate.

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I know its hard to accept at clutch fans but Curry is all-time great. Same with Kerr... they had slower seasons but readjusted their lineups

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

The bandwagoners on here will have you believe its just curry and scrubs. They might have had one of if not the easiest schedules in the league but their team is solid overall. Donkey is probably the most underrated player of this generation. He has the perfect skillset to cover for a turn over prone pg who cant set up his teammates and lets everyone and their mother blow by him

The espn only fans like to scapegoat him for being a former number 1 pick and but wiggins has definitely improved every year since hes been in the league. He is a better fit than dlo and essentially just a better harrison barnes. He is yet another elite defender to cover up for curry and their lead scorer half the time. Congrats on them for getting something back for durant. This is why you dont just give up players for tax savings like the rockets

plutoblue11 likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think the Olympics kept Green in playing shape for this year and that's paid huge dividends for the Warriors. This is by no means discounting/discrediting what Curry has been doing because it's Steph Curry. But looking at Green's production this year it mirrors that of his All-Star years and that makes for a dangerous Warriors team.

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yea he might deserve an all star again this year but hes not really a stats guy so who knows

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If Golden State keeps cooking like this I'm sure he'll be heavily considered by the coaches as a reserve. Their record is too good to just have only Curry go as an All-Star.

Hui and jerryclark like this.
  8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I wonder who has the worst counting stats to ever make an all star team. Draymond is averaging another triple single

9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Gary Payton is going to be another player we are going to regret letting go.

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

You think Wiggins has improved every year and is better than Harrison Barnes? Barnes is avg 22 point on 62% TS this year and has been an approximately 40% 3pt shooter for the last 4 years. Also you might want to check the box scores if you think Wiggins leads Warrior's in scoring half the time.

I know some Warriors fans on Reddit loved to call Wiggins defense elite due to the Dlo trade/rivalry, but just because Wiggins actually tried hard for once, doesn't make his defense suddenly elite lol. Wiggins has all the tools to be great, unfortunately he doesn't have the mindset which explains why he's pretty much been the same player since his rookie season.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His improvements are surely not outstanding but he has improved in steals, blocks and FG percentage in both 2s and 3s with the GSW.

He has taken on a contained role while with Minny he was running wild.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Overachieving imo

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

His fg% or 3pt% might fluctuate slightly year to year, but Wiggins has been a league averagish scorer in terms of efficiency throughout his career. The only difference is one year he might be slightly below league avg or slightly above. Or his volume is higher or lower. Last year he shot a career high 38% from 3, yet his TS% was still only a bit higher than league avg. Wiggins does get some credit for actually trying hard last year on defense. His defense on the Warriors was solid to good while his defense on the Wolves was bad to average most of the time.

I had high hopes for Wiggins coming out of college as he has elite athleticism, talent and size for his position. Unfortunately he simply doesn't have the mindset. Any wolves fan will tell you, Wiggins would show what he's capable for one game or week or month then simply regress to being meh the rest of the time. There's a reason Wiggins best numbers (in order) are against the Wolves, Cavs and Raptor. Those are the three teams that actually motivates him to perform. Wolves and Cavs traded him, Raptors is the lone Canadian team.

15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

obviously im comparing him to harrison barnes on the warriors where he played the same role and averaged 10 points a game. I dont watch the kings. Hes a more efficient player and a much better defender whether you think hes elite or not

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Interesting. Maybe he can add Charlotte to the mix.

28-6 and 12/19 FG.

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

best career numbers. I'm sure he had some big games against other teams here and there.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Because Curry is a monster.

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Warriors are in trouble now because Draymond is on tv with the Manning's.

#Manningcurse

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Golden State looks pretty good.

Os Trigonum likes this.