1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How am I doing as Houston's general manager?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by maj0915, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

how does the fantasy league determine what a free agent is willing to sign for? highest bidder automatically gets him?

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

well...you could've done that

3. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

this fantasy offseason thing seems fun.

tells me more about it

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is not thread worthy and you suck.

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea seems interesting, how does this simulate?

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

Hello, David, I see you are having fun at our forum.

[​IMG]

7. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

This fantasy off-season sounds really interesting. How is it decided, for instance, that Dwight signed with the Lakers? I think you've done pretty well.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You're terrible.

9. maj0915

maj0915 New Member

The way free agency works is that we submit blind bids for the players with reasoning provided regarding why they should sign with us, and then the guy running the league looks at the bids and determines where each player is going to sign based on a combination of money offered and our reasoning. I put in a max bid for Howard, but the Lakers were able to re-sign him with the five-year max after trading Pau Gasol. I'm hoping to add another three players before the end of free agency, I'll update this topic once I've heard back regarding their status.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Did you try giving him a personalized IPad?

11. DaveInTheCave

DaveInTheCave Member

Why would Dwight re-sign if Pau Gasol is traded? He would be on an absolute **** team with old & brokedown Nash and Kobe coming off a career-threatening injury...are either expected to be 100% midway through the season, if ever?

So, Dwight, who's all about "chasing that ring" decides to go to war with Jordan Hill, Steve Blake, and Ron Artest? Get real.

12. verysimplejason

If he's terrible, why not try it yourself? This is just a form of past-time only I think. If we miss on Dwight and/or CP3, I think it's better for Rockets to stay put and hopefully one of the PFs develop into at least a good role player. 2014 is where some of the best FAs will be available. I hope Rockets maintain that flexibility if and only if it can't sign Dwight and/or CP3. Maybe, Rockets can sign one year rental of any good role players available. Believe it or not, the current roster can still make the first round and who knows, with maturity, they can even compete in the 2nd round. Gunning now for 2nd rate stars would make 2014 free agency harder. (Even Morey says so...)

13. verysimplejason

Why don't you share us instead on what you'll gonna do and then let's see why the OP sucks as per your comment. That'll be great because at least us greenhorns will learn something from somebody like you.

14. verysimplejason

Some old timers here instead convincing greenhorns like us to express more of what we think and then educate us, they resort to just giving comments like "You suck.", "You're terrible.". Is this how you want this forum to grow? It'll be better if these so-called veterans at least give their helpful opinions so to help expand the community. I don't know with you but they sound like trolls to me.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Michael Jordan thinks those are some terrific personnel moves!

16. scottie brooks

Did you try an iPad?

17. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

The new mac pro looks sweeet. Try that.

18. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Haha I really don't get all the hate for the OP's moves. He basically did all the moves the Rockets are planning to do, but struck out on Dwight Howard, which he had no control over. Then he signed Paul Millsap. Is this all just about signing Paul Millsap?? :rolleyes:

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

signing paul millsap to a 4 year deal is like ****ing a horse, you only need to do it once and you're forever labelled.

20. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I don't want to sign Millsap to a four year deal, but he got him at a good price.