1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

How about Westbrook for Blake Griffin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 21, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well if you say Griffin is injured than you can’t like Boogie.

DD

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

No soup for you!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

it looks like the Rockets are going to do business with Daryl. H is the only one that can craft a deal that make sense for both sides

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  4. jowman

jowman Member

Boogie is low risk for the min. You aren’t giving up your second best player to get him. Not the same at all.

obviously if griffin was available for the min you sign him no questions asked

IvanLCPM, joshuaao, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I would cut wb some slack, he was still recovering from covid plus a sprain quad. In the second half of the season he was averaging like 30 points putting up insane numbers while harden was struggling.

STR8Thugg, IBTL, Greedydex and 2 others like this.
  6. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

If Harden and WB are determined to leave, swapping WB and Griffin is a deal I would take. Not because Griffin is a better player now, but because he is cheaper and has one less year left in his contract. I definitely love this much more than swapping WB and Wall, unless we can get some serious assets from the Wizards.

That being said, I do believe WB's value is at the lowest right now because his last playoff performance was abysmal. This is somewhat affected by his injury and Covid, as he actually had his best regular season after his MVP year with us. So if we keep being patient with Russ, and let him play some regular season games, his value is going to be higher.

Regarding Harden, if Philly is offering Simmons plus picks, I think we should take the deal now. Simmons is the best young player that is tradable now, and he is locked with a relatively cheap 5 years deal. Getting him and some other building blocks, we're likely never able to return to a championship contender, but we'll be in the upper mediocrity for a while, make the playoffs most of the time and even win a series sometimes. I am content about that being a Rocket fan.

Y2JT, IBTL, BHannes2BHonest and 5 others like this.
  7. DaneB

DaneB Member

100% he was playing hurt. He was not playing explosively like he tends to and was very tentative. He was in a crappy spot. He really shouldn’t have been out there playing because of his injury, but he also couldn’t sit out because we didn’t stand a chance without him.

We got one big that hits 3s and roll to the rim in Wood. If we can pick up Dewayne Dedmon as a backup, we are going to be a very solid team. We will play fast, rebound, protect the paint, hit 3s. We will be able to play small ball, but we won’t be stuck doing it. No reason to trade Westbrook or Harden right now. Get them to buy in for one last go. If it doesn’t work out, then trade them at the end of the year. The dumbest thing you can do is trade a player when their stock is at an all time low. Hopefully Tillman learned that with Chris Paul. He shouldn’t compound it by trading Westbrook now.

D-rock likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Signing somebody at no cost, no risk =/= trading somebody who we mortgaged our future for

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I disagree.

If Rockets trade Russ to Detroit, then I'm sending Blake to another team and/or taking back Jerami Grant, Josh Jackson, Doumbuya + picks only.

Blake is a money pit, don't fall for it or into it.

But Pistons just drafted Killian Hayes, why would they want Russ anyway?

James.B.H likes this.
  10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I guess I have a much less expectation about the return of a potential Russ trade. In my view Russ is a negative asset for rebuild, at least for now, and if we can get something less negative (Griffin), I'll take it.

You're right that Pistons probably don't have much motivation to trade for Russ. Very few teams, if not None, do now.

DaDakota and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

That will change as season progresses.

A healthy Russ is still a top 12 player. When he and Harden start combining for 60+ PPG again, teams will change their tunes.

IBTL likes this.
  12. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Yeah, that's my hope too. I wouldn't go as far as top 12, but he is definitely an all-star player when healthy. I hope we can get best value out of both Harden and WB. In the best case scenario, we might be a borderline playoff team after the trade, and we will have some nice assets to work with in the future.

IBTL and D-rock like this.
  13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Definitely hurt and recovering from a quad injury and covid-19.

clos4life likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thinly disguised bring-back-DMo thread

15. DaDakota

In the regular season.

Westbrook sucks and doesn’t fit it will only get worse.

DD

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Frustrating. I want Westbrook traded but not for bs. Not saying Blake is bs per se but we gotta be able to do better than just Blake.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you ignore last year he shot 36% on 3s@7 a game. You are unlikely to get a good asset when you trade Westbrook.

#37 Air Langhi, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  18. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

The covid debate is very real. I just had the virus recently. Extreme letargy can follow the main sympoms for months. This could partially explain the play of RW after he contracted the virus.

SORF likes this.
  19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

How about no!

The Rockets want back young stars with potential not broke down former stars who could never get it done in their prime.

20. DaDakota

You mean Westbrook?

DD