1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Wang

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gotoloveit2, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I don't see any needs to discuss WangZhiZhi's case in this forum, especially writing Chinese in English forum. It is nothing to do with Rox.

Clipper board and sohu.com may be better places for that.

2. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

nobody wants to force you to like him. i don't like him either. it's your criticism that is not fair.

that's fact, man, whether you beileve it or not. you can go to sina or other sports website and see the results of those online polls.

3. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

As much as Wang sucks and as terrible of an idea it would be to try to get him, 25 years old is definitely still very young, buddy.

Plus, (not adressed to you, orien) where the hell does anyone get the idea that he's even nearly as good as or has a tenth as much potential as EG? That's utter crap, sorry. I'd MUCH rather keep Eddie where he is... just maybe not at the starting position anymore.

I can't get past the feeling that everytime I see this annoying little suggestion from someone (and it's happened a lot since we got Yao) it's only cuz Wang's Chinese, or the idea never woulda popped into anyone's head. You know it's true. Wang sucks ass.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

What do we want this guy for?

[​IMG]

"Hey Wang what's with the pictures? It's only a parking lot!"

"Yo Wang this is a private club, so don't tell them that you're Jewish."

"This is my guest, Mr. Wang. No offense."

5. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

The jury is still out on EG... but the verdict on Wang is out:

NOT GOOD.

He would definitely not help the Rockets.

6. Panda

Panda Member

I agree with that a concerted effort of strict control in the flow of information is needed in order to brainwash a whole population. The problem is, free flow of information doesn't have direct correlation to the quality of such information when media are in monoply of supplying the information. Media are consisted of human beings and humans have biases. When the mainstream media hold a common bias to an object, a concerted effort is naturally born and what flows around will be lopsided information that mislead the population into being brainwashed. Freedom is good, it's just not almighty. Occasionally too much freedom makes trouble too. The lack of discipline on media is a big problem around the globe IMO, and there is no ideal model yet to resolve it. As of now media is govenment's b**ch under dictatorship, and the government is the media's b**tch under democracies - governments are like gagged children that are always on the receiving end of the media whipping, never the other way around. Government and media should keep each other in check, not just a one way street. One way street happens as one of the accomplishments among the media brainwashing is that they managed to dupe the mass into beliving the media is self disciplinary and should be free of criticism from the government, therefore rendering a check and balance system on them seem insignificant. The end result is media is able to roam free. Couple that with their profit making nature as businesses, what we get is an untrustworthy bubbling machine going on its own agenda that lacks check and balance. Americans and people in general believes in the ideals that media hammered into their mind. Sorry, self disciplinary media is an utopian dream that's no better than communism.

This is a big subject we're talking about here. I'm afraid this is not the right place to do so. If you're up to it we can talk about it in other forums.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gee, there's a good thought... since that was what was requested.

8. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

That is true. Canada and British to a lesser extent has a much higher tax rate than US.

:) :) :)

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Canada and British may have a higher tax rate. But this BBS requires a higher reading comprehension rate, apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.