1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Wang

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gotoloveit2, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

Good point, but to my understanding, the Brits and Canads are taxing their citizens like the armageddon is near. I'd rather be taxed by the US/Chinese government than those two countries.

2. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

what China takes from Yao is not for tax, dude. they just demand the money because they feel Yao needs to pay back for the help and training they provided him. there's no law that says this is legal.
    nobody will argue that Yao should be taxed 50% in the US because it's the same for everyone in the same situation as Yao. and there's law in place to justify such action.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The Rockets 2003 : Game Action & Roster Moves forum isn't a forum for political thought, so let's keep it out of here. If you want to talk basketball, go for it, but my guess is people don't come here looking for the pro's and con's of communism in China.

4. fatfatcow

fatfatcow Member

do u realize how much money n title the shanghai shark n cba will lose after yao is gone!!! the rocket are unwilling to pay for it like the trading fees since they thought yao could be a risk at the beggining to invest too much money! losing yao is like nba losing micheal jordan. i think maybe yao shouldnt pay for this but the team that get him should pay for it. the shark , the nt and the cba put alot of effort n resource for the sucess of ming. its not unrealistic to expect something back like money to compensate the lost of ming n have fund to countiune to train more basketball player! its not like the fund go to the pocket of one man , like an agent or sth, it goes to a system! especially to think about how much money all these american company n rocket will make off yao , i think the the chinese side deserve more from the rocket not from ming!

5. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

OK, Dr of Funk, I hope the people here will try to keep the thread sporty. And, please don't lock it just because of couple inappropriate posts(these kind of warnings from Crew Members are always helpful). People want to keep the discussion going, and unless things get out of hand, maybe letting people try to self-regulate the threads with your warnings will have better effects, just like what you are doing right now. :)

6. kaden

kaden Member

For god's sake, some administrator please stop supermagichero
    and orien 's posting here. I am ashamed of watching a fellow Chinese's vulgarism and stupidity being exposed like this.
    2 Total ɵ±Æ.

7. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

OK... you see the irony in your statement, right?:rolleyes:

8. JohnP

JohnP Member

Sorry, my English is poor. But I want to say something.

Wang Z Z ÊÇÎÒÃÇÖйúµÄÇòÔ±
    ÕýÔâµ½ÖйúÀºÇò¹ÜÀí²ã¼°ÐÂÎÅýÌåµÄ·âɱ
    Ô_ÒòÊǸÃͬ־ûÓлØÑÇÖ޲μÓÑÇÔË»á
    ÔÚÖйú¹úÄÚ
    ÉõÖÁ»¹ÓÐһЩÈËÒòΪÕâ¼þÊÂÂîÍõZZ"Åѹú"

Æäʵ»¹ÊÇÓзdz£¶àµÄÖйúÀºÇòÃÔºÜϲ»¶ÍõZZµÄ.
    Ï£ÍûÍõÄÜÔçÈÕ×ß³öÀ§¾³

9. JohnP

JohnP Member

ÁíÍâ »ð¼ýÔÚÖйúÓµÓеÄÇòÃÔÊýÁ¿ÊǷdz£¾ªÈ˵Ä
    »ð¼ýµÃµ½ÁËÒ¦Ã÷
    ʵÔÚÊǷdz£µÄÐÒÔË

ÿ´Î»ð¼ý±ÈÈüµÄʱºò
    ¶¼Óзdz£¶àµÄÖйúÈ˹Ø×¢»ð¼ýµÄÇé¿ö
    ÔÚ²»ÄÜ¿´µ½µçÊÓÖ±²¥µÄʱºò
    ËûÃÇÒ»°ã¶¼ÊÇͨ¹ý»¥ÁªÍøµÄÎÄ×ÖÖ±²¥ Èç NBA.com »ò Yahoo
    »¹ÓÐËûÃÇ×Ô¼ºÔÚÂÛ̳ÉϽøÐеÄÎÄ×ÖÖ±²¥

ÇòÃÔ²»Ö»ÊǹØÐÄÒ¦Ã÷
    ¸üÐÄ»ð¼ýµÄÃüÔË

ÿ´ÎÌ«Ñô¶Ó±ÈÈüµÄʱºò,¶¼Óзdz£¶àµÄÖйúÇòÃÔÏ£ÍûÌ«Ñô¶ÓÄÜÊäµô±ÈÈü
    Ì«Ñô¶ÓÕæÊDz»ÐÒ
    ±»Õâô¶àµÄÇòÃÔÖäÂî
    µ±È»
    ÇòÃÔ¾ÍÊÇÕâÑù

10. Panda

Panda Member

So what I'm getting is, that the CBA should release Yao and Wang and whatever stars they have for FREE? As if CBA is NBA's developmental league? As far as I know, China takes a portion of their salaries because China seek compensation from releasing their superstars that plays in the CBA, as one of the conditions of declaring clearance on such agents. The other condition is to play for the national team in the summer, that's why Yao is going back to China to represent the country this summer. This topic has been beaten to death on this board in the off season, but the background knowledge seems to be missing in this thread.

About the brainwash thing, I think people are brainwashed everywhere. Heavy stereotyping prevails in every country. Free flow of information doesn't eliminate single mindedness. Stereotypes are what help the media to fill up their pages as once a stereotype is born it's easy to make stories out of it. It's everywhere. In this thread there's an example of such stereotyping. There's Americans who think that the Chinese posters side with China against Wang are brainwashed because that's what the media told them about China. To put it this way, Americans are conditioned by the media to respond in such a way as they only hear one sided coverage on China, like the constant harping on the state controlled media. There is other side of the coin. Although limited in scope, people get to criticize the government publicly in China. On this very case, I've seen a post on yahoo.com.cn front page that blasted the Chinese bereaucracy for mishandling the Wang situation. It lasted for quite a while. I also read more than once on state controlled media that ripped the government. Sounds strange huh? Well such seemingly self-decimation is encouraged by the authority as it's becoming clear to them that using the media to supervise various government sectors is a powerful and effective way. It also helps letting out the grudge built within the mass. There is suppression on free expression, but it isn't as extreme as some western medias depict it to be.

Last words. I don't want Wang on the Rockets. I'd rather trade Mobley for Mike Miller. Cat is a better scoring threat, but Miller is more of a pure shooter that fits the team better. Just to make the post related to basketball. :D

11. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

on a less serious note.
    i would like to confirm this.

"wang" is a slang for penis in american english, like "peter".

while "zhizhi" is a non-derogatory childhood reference (often used by parents and children in a family setting) to the penis in mandarin chinese (at least in taiwan).

of course in chinese it's much different. but that's what you'd get when you translate chinese into english and than retranslate back into chinese.... A BIG MESS!

12. supermagichero

You named yourself to a complete ɵ±Æ.

#92 supermagichero, Mar 14, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2003
  13. supermagichero

It is your right to like him and it is my right to dislike him. That is fair. I don't believe Óзdz£¶àµÄÖйúÀºÇòÃÔºÜϲ»¶ÍõZZµÄ.

14. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Panda, that was a very loose description of "brainwash". I dont want to be too philosophical, we are reflections of our upbringing. We are molded by our own experiences, including exposure to the media. There are biases, stereotyping in the media, just as in our lives in general. Brainwash is a term use to describe a strict conditioning of the people's minds typified during the Mao's era. Does it mean everytime one of your friends tells you a lie, you are being "brainwashed". If the term is used so loosely, it has indeed lost his true meaning. By the way, in order to brainwash a whole population, you need a concerted effort of strict control in the flow of informations, otherwise it just doesnt work. I am sure the China now is much more open, bearing no resemblance to the Mao's era. As a matter of fact, there are much less brainwashing in China, simpily because there are better flow of informations in a more open society. If anything, that only strengthens my premises as stated earlier.

15. JohnP

JohnP Member

ÍõZZƾʲô¾Í´ÓÒ»¸ö´ó¼ÒÑÛÀïµÄ¹Ôº¢×Ó,±ä³ÉÁË"Åѹú"Ö®ÈË?
    ²»¾ÍÊÇÁìµ¼Ò»¾ä»°.

ȷʵÓкܶàÈËÒÀÈ»µë¼Ç×ÅÍõZZ,ËäÈ»ÏÖÔÚÔÚcctv5Éϸù¾Ý¿´²»µ½ÍõZZ.µ«Èç¹ûµ½ÖйúµÄÀºÇòÂÛ̳ÉÏ...¿ÉÒÔ¿´µ½,»¹ÊÇÓкܶàÈËÔÚ¹Ø×¢×ÅÍõZZµÄ.

µ±È»,Ò²ÓкܶàÈËÂîÍõZZ,Ϊʲô,²»¾ÍÊÇÒòΪû»Ø¹ú²Î¼ÓÑÇÔË»áÂð?

ƾʲô·ÇµÃ»Ø¹ú²Î¼ÓÑÇÔË»áÄØ?ˮƽ¼«µÍµÄ±ÈÈü.Áìµ¼°ÑËüµ±Ò»ÏîÕþÖÎÈÎÎñ.

16. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

How come this is still not locked? :confused: Haven't we gone through this enough Wang stuff long time ago?

17. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

That doesn't mean everything like that should get locked. If a topic is hot, and there is a group of people want to talk about it, so let it be.

People constantly asking the administrators to lock up other's threads need to be banned.

BTW, people, talk about Wang and the Rockets please, not the Chinese government and history.

18. supermagichero

I have never said he is a "Åѹú"Ö®ÈË, but no doubt he is selfish. Maybe Wang is not selfish in the past. But last year, he was actually as selfish as hell.

BTW, how do you define ˮƽ¼«µÍ? You might think ÑÇÔË»á is ˮƽ¼«µÍ, because China won so many champaignships in the Asian. I will never think so. Never belittle your opponents. BTW, can USA think the World Cup ˮƽ¼«µÍ because they won so many champaignships? Why should USA still attend it? Remember China lost to Korean during the ÑÇÔË»á, due to the selfish Wang.

I am blaming Wang not because Áìµ¼Ò»¾ä»°, but because what he did in last year was completely wrong and he would never regret for that. China suffered from terrible loss in both World Cup and in the ÑÇÔË»á because of his selfishness. The bad thing is that he never apologizes for it. That is why I am angry at him.

19. kaden

kaden Member

You stupid idiot, stop showing your ignorant brainwashed opinion here. Blaming Wang for China's loss in Asian Game? What kind of rice did you eat?
    Wang is a hero who dares to defy the bureaucrats who control the Chinese basketball federation.

20. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

so i guess you blame Shaq and Kobe for the dream team's failure? and blame steve nash for Cananda's dismay performance? do you think they are selfish? and yet they're still so popular. do you think Wang deserves the criticism he gets? at least Wang had his NBA career at stake at the time when he made his decision. what's Kobe's excuse? being with his wife?? How about Shaq? He just doesn't want to play! Steve Nash? He's too tired!! now tell me who's more selfish? who deserves more bashing? and how about my investigation?? do you think china's demanding Wang of attending games like world university games, east asain games,etc is reasonable?? do you truly think Dirk would agree to play in those unimportant games if asked? Plus committing 2 months preparing before those games?? well, the point is moot because Germany will never make such a demand and they care about their players' interest!! again, name me one NBA player who has provided more services to his country than Wang!!! yet you still criticize him of being selfish!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.