1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about this for a stat!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoT, Nov 2, 2000.

1. GoT

GoT Member

This is an interesting stat for last game:

Francis + Mobley:
    FGA FGM
    37 14
    Total Combined Points:48

Rest of the Team:
    FGA FGM
    37 20
    Total Combined Points:50

1/2 the offense was run for Francis & Mobley. I believe Francis needs to understand there are more teammates than Mobley. Also, Francis, when interviewed during one of the pre-season games, said something like he will be looking his man (Mobley) before anybody (referring to Mo). I just do not remember the exact game. Maybe, one of you people can refresh me with this. Also, I don't have the stats with me in regards to whom were the assist from Francis.

In my humble opinion, Francis needs to become more objective in his game, and let some of the other stuff out. He is a one of a kind player to start doing this. [​IMG]

------------------

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So,,,how many points do Kobe and Shaq combine for?

Don't know?

How about Duncan and Robinson?

Malone and Stockton?

hmmm.

Jordan and Pippen?

Dream and Drexler?

Barkley and Johnson?

Bobby Knight and his 5 minions? Oh, I guess that is what you want.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Heypartner basically summed up what I was going to say.

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

4. Rockeem

Rockeem Member

Mobley and Francis weren't shooting all that well and they are not the two best players on the team.

------------------

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Mobley shot reasonably - unless you think 45% from the field is poor shooting??

Francis shot badly.

Francis IS the best player on this team.
    Mobley is probably the second best scorer on this team, at this stage of the season he is far more comfortable with his role in the offense than Mo is and is really in a groove, so I would HAVE to say he is the best/ second best scorer on the team as of right now.

Why should your two best scorers not take the majority of shots??

One other thing, the rest of the team combined to go 20 of 37 right? Well would they have got those points if Francis and Mobley weren't zipping into the lane and creating the shots for them? I seem to recall some pretty easy "put-ins" for the big guys were created because the other team concentrated on the little guys.

Leave the guys alone, Minessota beat us by an average of 18ppg over 4 contests last year, so we're already 10 points better than before [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by DrNuegebauer (edited November 02, 2000).]

6. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Rockeem wrote:

" ... they (Mobley and Francis) are not the two best players on the team ..."

If Mobley and Francis are not the most productive (or talented) players on this Rockets team ... who is?

I must be watching a whole different team out there than you.

------------------

7. verse

verse Contributing Member

lewis lloyd and mitchell wiggins.

------------------
    Essentially the top two players to come out of college the last couple of years are Duncan, Carter, and Francis.

- vince

8. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Go T:

Minnesota played man-to-man defense the entire game. When teams play you straight up like that you must exploit your first and second options to the fullest extent.

The only problem with Steve last night was his nerves were in a jumble and he couldn't turn 'em off. Instead of taking the mid-range jumper, which Minnesota was giving him, his nerves told him to take it with authority in amongst the trees. Obviously that was key mistake the other night.

By the way, Minnesota displayed pure offensive perfection the first half; it was fun to watch too. I'll be very suprised if Minnesota exhibits, or for that matter, Houston recieves another display like that all season.

------------------

9. knits stekcor

knits stekcor Member

I think GoT gots a point. For a team like the Rockets to have their backcourt scoring most of the points isn't good. Kobe & Shaq, Duncan & Robinson, Stockton & Malone, Jordan & Pippen, Dream & Drexler, and Barkley & Johnson all have one thing in common. There was one big man in each tandem. (Well, except Jordan and Pippen). How many elite teams out there today can boast their top 2 scorers being their 1 and 2 guard? The Suns? The big man is essential because he can draw double teams and create more opportunities for other players on the team. Sure, Mobley is a talented scorer, but he doesn't really create much for the rest of the team. And when both Francis and Mobley are having off nights, there is no big man to provide reliable scoring to keep the game close. If Mo Taylor can develop into that type of big man, ideally, I would like to see Francis score about 20-22 per game, Mo 18-20 per game, and Mobley maybe 13-15.

------------------
    I will demonstrate my clutchness this November.