1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Ron Adams as Rockets head coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Nov 18, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Has plenty of coaching experience in the league, well respected and one of the finest assistant coaches in the league. Assistant under Thibs in Chicago and a lot of players were mad at the FO for not renewing his contract, was an assistant at OKC when Harden and Durant were playing there. Look at the work he's done with the Warriors defense these past two seasons. I use both Chicago and Oklahoma as references because maybe hire Thibs as an assistant coach while the Rockets make a move to sign Kevin Durant here.
    I'm on board with the idea of signing him here, anyone else would like to see this?

2. Swag Champs

Swag Champs New Member

He doesn't have the chops to be a head coach, nor does he want to be a head coach.

Great defensive strategist, and great with the game plan.. But some people just aren't cut out to be a leader of men. Hence, the Warriors asking Luke Walton to sit in for Kerr, and not Adams.

He's happy as an assistant

#3 Swag Champs, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2019
  3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

nobody

5. lastreg

lastreg Member

For one moment, I thought Ron Artest will be the next coach. I was excited at this idea.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

whatever gets james harden going, amirite?

maybe an elbow to the head will work

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm not gonna lie. Last game I wanted to give James Harden an elbow myself.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Oh man sign me up for that

9. Nook

Nook Member

Adams is 66 years old and under contract. It isn't likely.... the Rockets had a chance to add him before last season and didn't do so...