1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How abot trading Brooks to keep Lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Quite well, I might add. This was the case in the JVG era. A lot of Yao knockdown jumpers around the elbow. But when Adelman came, there was a lot less of that and a whole bunch more of inside out.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

First it was the CNT PGs, then Sura, then Rafer, now Brooks...

And the one constant?

Yao.

They need to move him around some, but the best entry passers on the Rockets are the wings anyway in Battier, Trevor and Bud.....

It is just one long trail of misdirected PG blame.

DD

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The ironic thing is McGrady was absolutely perfect at getting Yao the ball in the right spot. The Yao homers are impossible to please. Chris Paul would come here and they would turn him into a "terrible passer"

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, Tmac was a very underated passer.

That is why I think the entry pass still belongs to the wings, or from the high post.

DD

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That's why when Yao is open, the passer needs to be able to deliver him the ball on time and on target.

It actually has a lot to do with the passer.

McGrady was a reliable entry passer. However, he was a poor 3 point shooter and rarely attacked the basket.

Rafer was a reliable entry passer as well, but he was an inconsistent 3 point shooter.

6. LScolaDominates

It often takes two passes to get Yao the ball. The PG has to have the timing to get the ball to the wing as Yao is moving onto the low block. Lowry is better than Brooks in this respect.

Of course, Brooks spaces the floor, which also gives Yao better chances. There are trade-offs. I personally like Lowry better, but I love having Brooks on the team, too.

7. pewpew

pewpew Rookie

The difference between the Rockets being a playoff team and a lottery team is 18M salary, not yao ming. I say a 10M like Kaman, Bynum or even Tyson Chandler, Dampier would help this team make the playoff last season.

Why we need a starting center who can only play around 20mins every game?Yes Yao averaged almost 20/10 in his healthy season, how many healthy season he had? how many healthy season he will have?

8. worzel gummidge

Adelman relies on the pick and roll just like every other coach in the NBA. Brooks is the one who isn't comfortable running it though. If the Rockets find another PG to run the PnR with Luis that would be another weapon on this team.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6914736.html
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/rockets_rally_for_111109_win__2009_12_04.html

9. Joevir

Joevir Member

i personally beliv make lowry be start pg is a better choice. lowry can be a better parner for yao than brooks,as yao is back next season. and yao can only less than 25min, so brooks still has enough to show on and speed up the match. btw, yao need defender to stand in front him while brooks and martin both cant do it well. so my starting 5 men are yao, scola, battier, martin, lowry