1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston's Gerald Green makes it official

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Faos, May 30, 2005.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

HOUSTON -- High school star Gerald Green, who applied for early entry in the NBA draft, has hired an agent, according to a broadcast report.

Green, a 6-foot-8 senior at Houston's Gulf Shores Academy, said he hired Andrew Vye of Atlanta-based Kauffman Sports Management to represent him.

"I believe their commitment to me as a player and to my career will be consistent," Green said in a statement e-mailed to Houston television station KRIV by family spokeswoman Tracy Walker.

Green said he had informed Oklahoma State of his decision. He had signed with the Cowboys in November to play college ball there.

Green, 19, is ranked the nation's top shooting guard by recruiting Web site Rivals.com.

His draft stock shot up and his commitment to the Cowboys began to waver after he scored 24 points and won the slam-dunk contest at the McDonald's High School All-American game March 30.

He averaged 33 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists this season.

LINK

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My guess is Portland will select Green at #3 with Bogut and Williams going to the Bucks and Hawks.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Green is going to be great

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

If I was Portland, I'd select Green and try to start all over. Try to trade Miles/Patterson/DA/Ratliff and maybe even Randolph.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

good plan. I also agree that the top 4 picks are set:

1.bogut
    2.marvin williams
    3.green
    4.paul

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I don't get all the hype about Chris Paul :confused:

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

From NBAdraft.net:

Paul really reminds me of TJ Ford w/ a better shot. He is a small, quick guard who can straight run a team. He is a good defender for his size, but if you have seen any WF games, you'll see that he is a good PG.

But of course, I'm waiting for the Rockets to trade up for Daniel Gibson next year. ;)

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He's more of a scorer than a PG. Felton was a better PG in that sense than Paul was. Watching WF, CP is clutch but he's also immature. The low-blow to Hodge says it all. I think teams are seeing him as a Dwayne Wade type player, and he's no where near it.

9. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

He is the next Terry Mills.