1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houstonprofootball on Vince Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gr8-1, May 2, 2006.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I don't get it? The draft is over.

Dear Vince,

Now that the draft has come and gone (and with it, the hysterical ranting of the smartest talent evaluators in the history of organized football - you know, your worshippers), I wanted to write you, personally, to explain why I will be rooting for your complete and utter failure as an NFL quarterback.

Obviously, your selection by the “Oilers” has made it impossible for me to ever root for or wish you success, but that development alone would not have generated this visceral desire of mine to see you fail spectacularly. And, for willingly and eagerly possessing that desire, Vince, I sincerely apologize. After all, it’s certainly not your fault I hope that you’re a monumental bust.

No, my fervent hope that your career will be best described as “Leafian” is fed by the weeks upon weeks - and now the excruciating post upon post - of Vince adoration that I and other Texan fans with lives have had to endure, and will continue to endure, until you’re officially jockeying a clipboard on a Nashpatch sideline.

Day after day we’ve heard your flock assure us that you’ll be winning the Vince Young Award as the NFL’s Most Valuable Player, leading the AFC to victory in the annual Vince Bowl in Honolulu every season and, of course, hoisting 14 or 15 Young Trophies over your twenty-year career.

Sure, I was just being hyperbolic when I wrote a few months ago that you would be the first player to pass for 600 yards in a game; 6,500 yards in a season and 75,000 yards for his career; set the game, season and career touchdown records; account for 11 touchdowns rushing and passing in a single game; and broker a deal between the Israelis and Palestinians, establishing permanent peace in the Middle East during the 2012 off-season. But the Young zombies apparently bought in to it.

And why not? I mean, yeah, you’re going to a team with a coaching staff that actually wanted Leinart, but got overruled by an 80-year old incompetent. And, by the way, your offensive coordinator used to coach Leinart. But I’m sure those guys won’t have any trouble or qualms about scrapping their offensive philosophy; they’ll simply line up in the shotgun 90% of the time. “Go ahead,” they’ll say.“Just freelance!” It’s gonna be just like playing Baylor 16 times a year!

Worse than the Vince Young Youth, however, are the self-important, deep-pocketed “sponsors” raving on sports talk radio and taking out ads in the local fish wrap as if Bob McNair lies awake night worrying about the relative pennies he collects from a low-rent furniture outlet or the threats from a puling crybaby that doesn’t even have the sack to sign his full name to his full page tantrum. All right-thinking Texans fans should join McNair in giving those dopes a great big middle finger.

Please believe me, Vince, that it’s them and not you that has forced me to this. Otherwise, I’d be wishing you all the luck in the world. Your performance in the Rose Bowl was stunning and from all indications, you’re personable, hard-working and your parents didn’t decide to take an offer to live rent-free in a $800,000 house and maybe (or maybe not) take another $100,000 in cash. And had they, I don’t think you’d lie about knowing about it. Honestly, I’ve got nothing against you personally.

It’s all about the junior GM’s that have already had you measured for a yellow blazer who I hope will have their hopes and dreams crushed. And, sadly, the only way to ensure that happening is for you to end your NFL career as an abject failure. An outcome I will be actively rooting for.

And for that, Vince, I sincerely apologize.

Yours,
    Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo penned this missive for the sole purpose of apologizing to Vince Young for rooting against him. Enraging the braying jackasses that need their heads surgically removed from Young’s ass is merely an added bonus.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

articles like this only prove more that VY owns you. if you have to write this article...he owns you.

and if the nightmare happens...he'll own you again.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I've found that a very good way to criticize people for being immature is to write a junior-high school style missive, especially if you're a wannabe Bill Simmons.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And they only make me feel a little bit better about still rooting for him while he's playing for the devil's team.

If only we could focus this much energy on things that really mattered. People feel ho-hum about so many other more important things in this world, but their lives are changed and they feel like they were kicked in the gut and betrayed...over a freaking draft pick.

5. MadMax

see...and they have me going big time devil's advocate. to the point of accepting the position in reality instead of hypothetically. makes me realize i'm a far bigger VY fan than I am a Texan fan, just by my gut reaction to this stuff.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

meh, I thought it was funny. Most people that read over at HPF.com regularly know Dave's tongue in cheek style.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting better.

Personally, I don't care anymore. I don't care......whaaaat youuuuu say. We don't play by the same rules.....anyyyywaaay. This will all fade as soon as the season starts because Vince probably won't play this year anyway.

I don't wish any ill will towards the guy. I don't wish any success to the guy. I just don't care anymore. He doesn't play for my team. All I care about is my team.

8. MadMax

yeah, that's fine. and i'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with that. frankly, i'm a bit jealous of that. i just don't feel it.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Billy Volek is too fragile. He can't make it through a full season. VY will be starting against the Texans next year.

10. MadMax

what about kerry collins?

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He'll be too hung over to play.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

In the exact words of Arthur Fonzarelli, to discourage one of the boys from joining a gang "Hey -- ORGANIZATIONS aren't cool. PEOPLE are cool" (applause from live studio audience)

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm glad the texans did not select VY but i wouldn't go far as this guy. I want VY to have a great career, yet I hope the Titans never make the playoffs. i want "my" team to win in the end and the demise of all our rivals is ok with me. Vince can be the next Marino for all i care as long as the Texans are the next John Elway led Broncos.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

He's just showing his man love for Vince...Give him his 15 minutes...

15. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Rack him!!!

I always laugh at Sabo's stuff. No one should take him serious. However, I can see how the VY fans would freak out. If you do, try reading some of their past articles and you'll understand the humor more. Or don't.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

that goes for Reggie Bush supporters as well as Vince YOung supporters.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

if you say you don't root for anyone not on your team you are flat out lying.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Did I say it didn't? Of course, the whining over the last few days by the Bush supporters has far outweighed the whining over the last few months by the VY supporters. That doesn't even include the whining by the Bush supporters about the VY supporters over the last four months.

I don't even know why we're still discussing this. As the Bush supporters argued last Thursday about VY, we're not taking either of these guys, so there's no use discussing either one.

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free
    You can't take my Vince from me.

Take me out to the black
    Tell 'em I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take my Vince from me.

Have no place I can be since I found serenity.
    But you can't take my Vince from me.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm rooting for Mario Williams to be the biggest bust in draft history (that includes Bowie) so we're even. And I've got two players...Reggie and Vince...to prove the Texans wrong.