1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston will advance to the semi-finals this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wiredog, Feb 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. wiredog

wiredog Member

wishful thinking or just being crazy? at least i win either way. if the rockets win, i'm a genius. if they lose..well, i'm a sucker for having faith in the hometown team! bashers and sympathizers welcome!!

2. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

What the ...?

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

We'll win the next nine. After that, I don't know.

4. Silk

Silk Member

Clippers are not coming in happy.

Rockets are already feeling down about themselves.

Mentally TMac already has a way out.

TMac goes 6-21 and we lose.

That said I still think we are going to go 8 and 2 our next ten.

5. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

Wat the!! :mad:

6. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

If they advance to playoff, they will be final.

7. sun12

sun12 Member

They need a strong PF desperately, like a young Dale Davis or young Antonio Davis.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

ugh. Way to step out on a limb with that one. How about T-Mac builds on his stellar all-star game performance, goes 11-21 and the Rockets squeeze out another victory.

Oops...sorry I just reread your post. Good call on the 8-2. :)

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I see TMAC going 16-22 in the clips game.

10. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

I think the allstar game provided Tmac with the confidence to come out in the second half swinging. He shot a solid percentage from the field and had 36 points almost leading the west to victory. I think the Rockets will surprise in the final 29 games. Go Tmac and Yao!!!

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I hope your right...

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not with the current cast of players. The Clipper game was clearly "one of those nights" and not representative of the talent level of this team. They are not as good as they looked against the Clippers and they are not as bad as they looked against the Suns. After TMac and Ming, talent falls off significantly. The Rockets need to admit that they signed the wrong free agents last year and make amends ASAP. The supporting cast is the key to the future of this team, and, at present, the team is not going anywhere but the lottery. And don't give me all that "fair-weather fan" crap. I love the Rockets but the truth is the truth. Most of you will be forced to face up to this reality sooner or later. Probably sooner.

13. Deepsouth

Deepsouth Member

Never give up.

14. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Let me tell you this. Even if we can somehow make the playoff, advance to the semifinal and then lose to the Spurs in a hard-fought 3-4 series, some people here will still yell 'Tmac sucks', 'Yao sucks', 'Trade Tmac', 'Trade Yao', 'Break up the whole team', 'This team sucks', etc, after we lose the 7th game. These people just wait for the worse moments of the team to diss the players they dislike.

How to keep these people quiet in the offseason? Win the championship.