1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston vs. TCU

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Summit, Oct 24, 2003.

1. tozai

tozai Member

I'm conflicted. In one way I want TCU to lose because they are nowhere near a top 25 team, but on the otherhand it'd be pretty funny if they went undefeated because the BCS would get screwed up.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

UH was 3 or SMU was 3? I recall both being good in football, was this in the Andre Ware days?

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

andre ware days (don't think klingler was qb yet), UH was 3.

smu was coming off the death penalty and thus had a horrible team and UH ran up the score as much as possible and shot for 100. karma's a b**** i guess.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

All the teams seem to have their up and downs, and for some just down.

Like UH used to be a great football team didn't it?

And TCU was the National Champion way back....1938.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This may have been a UH record for total points in a game. I don't know. But I went to a game at the Astrodome, when Bill Yeoman was coach, and Houston beat Tulsa 100 to 6. That was in '68. Man, it was brutal. The Cougs had their 3rd string in and they were still carrying off the Tulsa players on stretchers. The crowd was chanting, "We want a hundred! We want a hundred!". Talk about a wild game.

We tied Texas at Austin that year. :p