1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Traffic Accidents?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pete the Cheat, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Pete the Cheat

does anyone know of a site which reports Houston traffic accidents? All of the sites I am finding on google have not been very helpful...

I had a pretty crazy experience southbound on 59 last night, it was a miracle we didn't get killed, but unfortunately I don't think the car involved in the wreck was as lucky. If I could find an update on what happened I think it would put my mind at ease and give me some closure.

Thanks for any help.

2. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

3. Pete the Cheat

that map has the current traffic conditions, but I am looking for an update on an accident that happened last night around 9:30.

hopefully I will see something in the paper by tomorrow, it ussually takes a couple days for stuff like this to get out in the media.

4. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

Care to go into specifics about the accident? I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago although I wasn't involved in the accident. Long story short an 18 wheeler crossed the median (I-10 eastbound from San Antonio) and hit 3 vehicles head on and then burst into flames. That was the most horrific thing I have seen. Anyhow I got home and went online and found an article to give me some kind answers.

5. Pete the Cheat

wow thats pretty crazy man...glad you made it out alright.

My wife and I were driving home from UST last night at about 9:30 going southbound on 59. We were in the fast lane (far left) doing about 80. out of the corner of my eye I saw an SUV in the far right lane begin swerving as if they were out of control.
    Suddently the car spun perpendicular to traffic and shot across all 4 lanes at about 70mph. It hit the median so hard that it completely flipped over, just crushing the top, and sliding about halfway into my lane.
    Granted all of this happened in a 2-3 second span of time so I wasn't able to get a look at how many passengers were in the car as I was more concerned with our own safety. My wife said, all she saw was the airbags pushing out of the drivers side that was left exposed, as it was essentially flattened after being ejected when the car flipped...

I don't see many scenarios in which the driver would have survived that impact, and I am just really hopeful that noone else was in there. Hence why I am so intent on finding out more info. We called 911, and about 5 other cars immediately pulled over along with us, but at that point there is really nothing you can do w/o the jaws of life.

6. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

That's a terrible thing for you and your wife to have to witness. Thank god you and your wife along with other innocent cars were not injured.