1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans Season Record Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by emjohn, Sep 8, 2010.

?

How will the Texans finish in 2010?

1. 11-5 or better

20.3%
  2. 10-6

42.4%
  3. 9-7

15.6%
  4. 8-8

7.4%
  5. 7-9

6.9%
  6. 6-10 or worse

7.4%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you must have been buzzed watching the games if you thought it was just doo doo Brown.

the poll is open brother. check it.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Huh? They cost us games. Browns missed kicks are self explanatory

Chris Brown cost us overtime against Jacksonville. I was there to see his crap fumble.

He couldn't get in against Arizona. The halfback option call was terrible but who the ef was he throwing to ?

And go back and reread my post about your prediction.

3. msn

msn Member

repped for "Brown sisters." :D

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I picked them to win the division so...

Sep 12 Colts - L
    Sep 19 @ WAS - L
    Sep 26 Cowboys - L
    Oct 03 @ OAK - W
    Oct 10 Giants - W
    Oct 17 Chiefs - W
    -------------------------
    Bye Week
    Nov 01 @ IND - L
    Nov 07 Chargers - L
    Nov 14 @ JAX - W
    Nov 21 @ NYJ - L
    Nov 28 Titans - W
    Dec 02 @ PHI - W
    Dec 13 Ravens - L
    Dec 19 @ TEN - L
    Dec 26 @ DEN - W
    Jan 02 Jags - W

8-8.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Oops, copied someones, dont see them winning the division.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Any thing other than 16-0 will be a shock.

:grin:

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Must wins = @OAK, KC, @JAX, TENN, @DEN, JAX

Maybe = IND, @WAS, DAL, NYG, SD, BAL, @PHI

Longshot = @IND, @NYJ, @TENN

I'm thinking 9-7. Luckily most of our toughest opponents are at home other than the Jets. The way it looks now, OAK, KC, and DEN will be our easiest matchups. Washington and KC could be surprises this year, but we have to take care of business against them. And we absolutely cannot get swept, or really even lose at all, to the Jaguars.

Assuming we do that, we need to split with Indy and Tennessee. Then find a way to win three of six of those other "maybe" games to get to 10-6 (on top of beating Indy once). It's entirely possible, but with our track record against the division I'm trying to temper my expectations.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Gruden and Jawz has us going 7-9 :rolleyes:

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's fine, but I just wish you would put some more thought into it. :)

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I may be lowballing them, but I'm not going to put up a Rah Rah Texans Better Than Best Case Scenario just to be a cheerleader. Would you mind putting out your game by game breakdown of wins and losses, or point out the flaws you see in mine? Can I assume that you have them magically going 5-1 or better in a division in which they've gone 4-14 the last 3 years?

So what you're saying is you have a track record of overly optimistic predictions.

Last year I pegged them at 9 wins with a very good chance to get 10. Doesn't suggest I'm some sort of guru, but it should help discount the notion that I'm a doom and gloom hater.

Again, I like this team and see a lot to be excited about. However, I think Cushing's suspension and the much more difficult schedule combine to represent two less wins versus last year. I wish I did, but I don't see any significant improvements to take back those wins. I think they *could* go 9-7 again, MAYBE 10-6, if they all worked with a hypnotist and the mental flaws of last year are behind them. But I need to see that before I bank on it.

I see a few things:
    -It'd be a shocker if the Texans go 4-0 during Cushing's suspension. He's critical in any effort to disguise our subpar D-Line.

-Washington, prior to last year's massive quit, was usually a 0.500 team despite a piss poor coach/QB combination. This year they're sporting a fairly good one.

-Shanahan Junior teaming up with his dad is going to give them plenty of insight into our offense and how to defend it.

12. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

I would love to be wrong because that means Kubiak's guys will be battlefightin' and winning games when it counts, but I see the same inconsistency plaguing the Texans that has been their trademark forever. So that's why I picked 7-9.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cush being gone does hurt but there is still quality in the backups. Plus, i think the D line will be better this year.

While Mcnabb is an upgrade, i'd be shocked if he doesnt miss a handful of games.

The insight part...while i do agree it gives them a slight edge, I dont think a huge advantage. You could take the opposite approach and say that the texans will know how he likes to make calls. Maybe he will call another HB pass with portis at the 10 yard line. :grin:

14. sammy

I can see us starting the season 5-1 going into the bye even without Cush. Idk why so many have us losing to the Skins but we should be able to handle them.

I mentioned in another thread that our recipe for success is winning within our division. Split with the Colts/Titans and sweep the Jags and we'll be at 4-2. The Jags beat us twice last season and it's time to return the favor.

Going 3-1 against the NFC East is key also. We can beat the Boys and Giants at home. We'll probably lose at Philadelphia.

We will have tough games against the Chargers and Ravens but they'll be at home where we've been traditionally good at under Kubiak.

Look..it's not going to be easy to win 11-12 games. The fact is that we had an opportunity to win every game last season except the season opener. This is after numerous injuries on the OL, which also contributed to a severe lack of running game. We can't discount that Richard Smith is going into his second yr as defensive coordinator.

The challenges need to improve. Kubiak needs to improve. We have the potential to get it done. Just have to get it done.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sep 12 Colts - L
    Sep 19 @ WAS - W
    Sep 26 Cowboys - L
    Oct 03 @ OAK - W
    Oct 10 Giants - W
    Oct 17 Chiefs - W
    Bye Week
    Nov 01 @ IND - L
    Nov 07 Chargers - W
    Nov 14 @ JAX - W
    Nov 21 @ NYJ - L
    Nov 28 Titans - W
    Dec 02 @ PHI - W
    Dec 13 Ravens - W
    Dec 19 @ TEN - L
    Dec 26 @ DEN - L
    Jan 02 Jags - W

10-6

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...=pfw-20100908_packers_texans_look_super_in_10

Houston (11-5) — The AFC is declared an open city. Which means if you're picking a breakout club, then you break 'em out big. Nothing mousy. Give it some teeth, man! OK, here are the teeth — Indy claims the division on a tiebreaker, but the Texans, the tease club for so long, finally unveil the machinery for all-out conference occupation. My AFC Super Bowl choice.

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too realistic.

16-0!!!

18. sammy

this writer is high on crack.

true story.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Sep 12 Colts W
    Sep 19 @ WAS W
    Sep 26 Cowboys W
    Oct 03 @ OAK W
    Oct 10 Giants L
    Oct 17 Chiefs W
    Bye Week
    Nov 01 @ IND L
    Nov 07 Chargers L
    Nov 14 @ JAX L
    Nov 21 @ NYJ W
    Nov 28 Titans W
    Dec 02 @ PHI W
    Dec 13 Ravens W
    Dec 19 @ TEN L
    Dec 26 @ DEN W
    Jan 02 Jags W

11-5

IMO it depends on this first game. We need to get this monkey off our back and beat the Colts decisively. After that boost of confidence it's time to tear it up!!!

20. Win

Win Contributing Member

Looking at the games I shake out at 10-6. I voted 9-7 to temper myself.