1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans 2011 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bluffkin, Jan 26, 2011.

1. conquistador#11

I would target eric Weddle to play here. That would solve the brain dead safety play we've had to deal with all these years.
    You then let those teams out bid each other for Awesome-ah, and make an offer to another veteran.
    WIshful thinking though.

2. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Shiloh with the worst 40 time at the combine among safeties, but the best 3 cone drill and 20 yd shuttle.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Shiloh Keo scouting report by PFT

Notes: Also played baseball, in addition to playing running back, defensive back and kick returner as a Washington prep. As a true freshman in 2006, started all 12 games at strong safety and recorded 72 tackles, five pass breakups and one interception with six tackles for loss. Was team MVP in ’07 when he started all 12 games and notched 81-0-4 while returning 19 punts for 319 yards (16.8-yard average), including a 100-yard touchdown against Northern Illinois. In ’08, managed 31-0-0, a blocked kick and 4-59 (14.8) on punt returns in the first four games before undergoing season-ending reconstructive shoulder surgery. Was the Vandals’ leading tackler upon returning in ’09, when he started 10-of-13 games and logged 113-5-3 with four tackles for loss and a forced fumble. Added 13-133 (10.2) on punt returns and a 32-yard rush on a fake punt. Was arrested and cited for misdemeanor battery for his involvement in a fight following the Hawaii contest in October. In ’10, started 12-of-13 games at strong safety and posted 61-5-3 with 6½ tackles for loss, one sack and two forced fumbles. Also returned kickoffs 7-144 (24.4) and punts 17-74 (4.4). Was suspended for the first half of the Utah State game by the NCAA after a flagrant foul against Boise State. Team captain.

Positives: Thickly built with natural mass — bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times at the Combine. Drops downhill hard and craves contact. Understands run fits and is a solid tackler. Surprisingly good feet and short-area quickness — tested the best of any safety in the short shuttle (3.9 seconds) and 3-cone drill (6.55 seconds) at the Combine. Intense competitor. Good football temperament. Football-smart. Has a special-teams coverage mentality and good run strength.

Negatives: Has short arms and does not have a cut physique — carrying a soft midsection and nearly 20 percent body fat, easily the highest of any defensive back at the Combine. Tight-hipped with below-average speed and suddenness. Limited range and cover skills. Does not intimidate physically. Average leaping ability. Instincts and diagnostic skills are just average — freelances too much, takes chances and gives up some big plays. Has a sense of entitlement that could rub some people the wrong way.

Summary: Tightly wound, physical, intense downhill safety best utilized as an extra linebacker in the box. Is not as athletic or as well-conditioned as Ravens ’08 third-rounder Tom Zbikowski but similarly projects as an effective run defender and core special-teams player.

NFL projection: Fourth- to fifth-round pick.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

4.75 40 for Keo

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

There goes the potential Slaton replacement in Jacquizz.

6. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Is Shiloh our Roy Williams version .0125?

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yf4olni5QHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If he can be a solid special teams player who likes to lay down the wood on kickoffs I will be happy

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I was wondering this too. 4-5 corners, (Aso, taylor, joseph, newman off the top of my head) and do you court the others at the same time while trying to win big with Aso?

8. TigerBait

TigerBait Member

Said he returned kicks in College and I think he just likened himself to Troy Polamalu...

9. The Real Shady

Could have just kept Bernard Pollard. Wasted pick.

10. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

ESPN guys seem to like him.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Haven't seen Shiloh play that I can remember, but it reads like a special teams pick with no real upside. Which isn't a terrible thing at this point in the draft I guess?

12. kaleidosky

I'm pretty sure there's a huge monetary difference between a 5th round pick and Pollard

And between a guy that'll play on special teams vs. a starting safety. They're aren't really comparable

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

NFL Network guy loved the Keo pick, said Deon Sanders had real high praise for him

apparently can return punts as well

14. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

FWIW Mcshay is gushing over the keo pick.

15. clutch citizen

Whats the deal with kiper? was his mouth part of the lockout? I haven't heard him speak even though he's there

16. kaleidosky

@HoustonTexans

Keo (5-11, 219) was coached by Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips in the East-West Shrine Game

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

I agree...i mean think how bad the texans secondary would have been without pollard. They probably would have been ranked last or something...or wait...nevermind.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

19. randerson153

randerson153 Member

20. Convictedstupid

T.J Yates, QB. Interesting.