1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Sports Radio] It has Been a GREAT Morning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sprint Unlimited FTW.

I'm not in Houston too often, but when I am I normally use about 17gb of data in a week. Lots of streaming, and tethering to tablets etc.

(I mention Houston because I don't have 4g or 4gLTE here in Nac)

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

They have great apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone too =)

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not new Windows phones:

Works with

Windows Phone 7.5
    Windows Phone 7

4. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

^

I even use that app here in Australia when i'm feeling particularly fanatical (takes a bit of fiddling though)

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

this time of year in sports radio is infuriating to me. The week after the Superbowl, football talk still dominated the conversation. I don't care who ran a 4.4 and who the Texans are looking at in the draft- football is dominant 24/7/365 here and it blows. I need a break from football for a while after the season ends, so I've largely been ignoring sports radio. They'll discuss the Rockets and Astros for about 5% of the time and then move on. Not entirely radio's fault because people call in constantly asking about prospects so I guess I'm one of the few that feels this way.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

790 has long segments where they talk Rockets, but yeah I agree - This is a tough time for sports in general. Especially since I can't watch the Rockets on TV. I basically get my day to day Rockets info from them, and check the GARM for any big news.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lance Z's "Worst Hour in Radio" has been hilarious. Finishing strong with an segment as Josh Innes and Rich Lord. Wow

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The iHeartRadio app lets you listen to all the cussing that gets bleeped out on radio. Joy!

Seriously, though, that app saves my mind during workdays. Well, until Matt Thomas' callers start calling in. At that point, my brain gets sucked out again, but ... still worth it. I rack up 2-3 gigs a month mostly from streaming 790 all day at work.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lance and Charlie together is strong. They're both smart and professional enough to make it work, but there is no denying it is a bit better radio when Lance gets unleashed to do his own thing.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Tuned in late, about to look it up now. Hope it's available.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seemed boring, fast forwarded to where I wanted to be - 36 minutes in. Already LOLing.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I have T-Mobile unlimited. T-Mobile blows, but unlimited data for $30 is nice. I'd pay at least $50 for the same Verizon plan on a smartphone.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Some of it was corny, but there were parts that I had to stop from blowing up laughing. I only got to listen to part of it, but around 30:00 when Paypal Al calls in to talk about racism :

"I'd like to talk about a coupla thangs that been wearin' on me in regards to a few items ... I wanna talk about some NBA stuff, NFL, a little MLB, MLS, WNBA, poker, MMA, boxing, NASCAR, lacrosse, cricket, poker, and bigfoot hunting ..."

I lost it at "bigfoot hunting"...

14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

it was a bit slow at first but I thought it was appropriate for the "worst hour in sports". Cracked up at "callers" continually calling Lance, Charlie.

I was on iheart radio too (also a pretty much constant streamer).

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

GHEEEEZE!

16. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

you can't say that!

17. NOLArocket

NOLArocket Member

Here's the link: THIS WAS EPIC!!! SO DAMN FUNNY!!

18. Indaface

Indaface Member

Great stuff by Lance there. I heard a few of the callers and they hit it out of the park. The spoof at the end was hilarious. Was that Clanton acting as Rich Lord? That was an amazing Rich Lord hahaha

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh my god that Innes and Lord stuff had me crying. LOL. Funniest **** I've heard on the radio in forever. Geeeeeeeeeeez!

20. Poloshirtbandit

hahhahaaha PD never disappoints