1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports and Social Club

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bob0601, Feb 13, 2013.

1. bob0601

bob0601 Member

Hello everyone,

For those who live in the Houston, Tx area Spring 1 registrations for the Houston Sports and Social League are now open for the following sports:

--Sand Volleyball (Monday or Tuesday Nights)

** 4's and 6's offered on Tuesdays **

--Flag Football (Tuesday Nights)

--Softball (Tuesday or Wednesday Nights)

--Kickball - (Wednesday or Thursday Nights)

For those of you who are into sports and would like to meet new people in the area, this is a great way to do it! All the games are played in the Heights area (Love Park, American Legion Park and also Freed Park off Antoine near Ikea) Membership in the league also includes Happy Hour specials after the game at ALL Christian Tailgate locations, as well as many different party's during the year (i.e. 3 Party Barge trips in Lake Conroe)

This is a perfect opportunity for you "Forever Alone"ers to get out there and meet WOMEN. Yes, for all those threads asking how can I find girls? THIS IS HOW. Most of them are new to town, have great careers and are just looking to make new friends. Its also a wonderful way to build up your connections as the people in this league are all in various industries.

I've been in the league since its inception and it literally changed my life. I've gotten a job through it, found a girlfriend and have had a blast doing it! Believe me when I say it. I was a "Forever Alone"er myself several years ago and quite shy when it came to meeting new people. However I gave this a try and its the greatest decision I ever made. Also, please do not be deterred because you live on another side of town. I used to make the trip all the way from Clear Lake before moving closer to town.

Its not the most competitive league out there (some teams are) but thats not the point. Its just about playing sports and having fun drinking/meeting new people while doing it.

So please check out the website and give it a try. You won't regret it! Also like the Facebook page below.

Thanks!

http://www.houstonssc.com/

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/HoustonSSC

Also for more info/questions email: info@HoustonSSC.com

2. bob0601

bob0601 Member

Bump, because word of this Club needs to be spread!!

You can sign up as an individual or an entire team. If you have a friend/friends that you would like to play with but don't have enough for an entire team you can request to be placed on the same team with them thats no problem. You can request that and it will be taken care of. Also, they try to place people within the same age range on the same team so you're not stuck playing with 30-40yr olds if you're only in your early to mid 20's. for those of you worried there may be jock douchebags on the team, fear not. Everyone is nice and friendly. You will make friends, it's hard not to.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! :grin: "Social Club"...

Haha, lonely people who need "clubs" to meet others. :p

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'd like to sign up Han Solo ASAP.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Not at all. I play in the Tuesday night Flag Football League. Unless you think grabbing flags off girls wearing yoga pants is lonely, there really isn't anything lonely about this.....it's pretty damned competitive too.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Should have just PMed Han Solo