1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Trade-Up Targets in 2012 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2012.

?

Which players in this draft would you be willing to give up Lowry+more for?

1. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kentucky)

73 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. John Henson (North Carolina)

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Perry Jones (Baylor)

21 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Andre Drummond (Connecticut)

88 vote(s)
    45.8%
  5. Thomas Robinson (Kansas)

46 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. Bradley Beal (Florida)

80 vote(s)
    41.7%
  7. Jared Sullinger (Ohio State)

23 vote(s)
    12.0%
  8. Harrison Barnes (North Carolina)

30 vote(s)
    15.6%
  9. Tyler Zeller (North Carolina)

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. None of these players

15 vote(s)
    7.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Robinson is not 6'8 lol he's legit 6'9 (6'10 in shoes) with a 7'1 wingspan I think? He's 245 with crazy athletism I have watched all his games this year. He plays like amare but a way better rebounder and defender. He may never be the scorer amare is ( i think he will be better) but I can gaurentee he will be a much better rebounder and defender.

If the rockets could some how get him or beal im all for it. I think donuts and Robinson could be a nasty front court in 2/3 years or beal and donuts could be a great inside out tandem. The rockets should really be aiming for these two guys because other than Davis there the cream of the crop.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The rockets should do everything in their power to sign Eric gordan to a max contract resign lee and somehow flip our picks and whatever else they want not named Lowry for whomever gets Robinson.

Next yr
    Lowry/boykins
    Gordan/lee
    Parsons(unless traded)/bud(unless traded)/Morris
    Robinson/pat/donuts
    Camby/donuts

That team should win 50 games next yr and has enough youth and talent to evolve into a contender like the thunder have done.

What do you guys think of this dream scenario of mine? I know most people on here want to keep dragic and trade Lowry but I think a Lowry/gordan back court is much better going foward than a dragic/lee, plus I think Lowry would play better with gordan than dragic would, even though I think dragic is a little better than Lowry (not much) but Gordon is so much better than dragic.

Future lineup
    Starting five

Lowry
    Gordan
    Parsons
    Robinson
    Donuts

Thats a great team in 3 years that could possibly take the west.

3. ironariza

ironariza Member

if what u said is true,
    Royce white is not 6'7 lol he's legit 6'8 (6'9 in shoes)

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Unless robinson gained 2 inches in a year it didnt seem to me that he was taller than marcus morris. I feel our power foward position is just fine with Dmo coming over, other needs need to be addressed like center and sg I think this draft can help along with free agency.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The only suckas who will give up a high lotto pick for a role player is the rockets. Teams may like lowry and the 13th,but they are not giving up a top 8 pick for package.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He plays bigger than 6'9, though.

7. what

what Member

I think moving up would be a bad move. Unless it is for Anthony Davis (it clearly won't be), the risk of losing picks would be too great for a deep draft like this one. Eddie Griffin come to mind?

Now if the rockets were to trade Scola for a trade pick, that would be okay, but packaging multiple draft picks for ONE target considering this team needs an influx of talent would not be wise.

I for one am not sold on any player save Anthony Davis as a sure fire star. I do believe that Jeremy Lamb has potential, but he could fall to y'all.

Brad Beal who everybody here seems to like is too undersized for my liking. Plus, you could get a more than ready version of brad beal in OJ in free agency. You guys need to focus on getting either some length: Myers Leonard, Jeremy Lamb. Or Maybe a ball handler.

I wouldn't trade my draft away for any ONE guy, but Andre Drummond and Lamb to me are interesting picks. Beal is just like every other combo guard, most of them are not difference makers: Mayo, Brandon Jennings, Ben Gordon, Jarrod Bayless, etc.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. cod

cod Member

If they could, who do you like?

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Man what else is new

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Geez. Fill up the roster with more JAPS. Lamb, Leonard are JAPS at best. And Drummond is looking like a souped up version of Jaron Collins. And that's the guys we need.

Get real.

12. josh123

josh123 Member

This. The Rockets need a star not a high energy role player.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would not touch Barnes or Jones. I agree with Sulinger though. If he were listed as 6'10" or taller I think he is a top three pick. Because he is listed as 6'9" he is seen as an undersized center.

Sulinger
    Henson
    Robinson
    MKG
    Beal

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Hopefully Beal will fall to a team like the Kings because we probably won't get him from the raptors and definitely not from the cavs.

Wroten is a guy I'd look at in the mid-to-late first round. He can be a huge steal in the draft.

15. what

what Member

You left out Beal. He's the jappiest of all. I hope you don't think Beal is the next dwade. bwbwabwabbwab

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sKAWjKUZmjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I thought there was some blatant racism going on in here when I saw "JAPS" lol. I should start one called SPIC:

Special
    Player
    If used
    Correctly

or Super Potential, whatever.

1 person likes this.
  17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I like it.

Add POWs too. Plays only one way.

FRAP = Franchise player

18. coachbadlee