1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Team Jet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swakid8, Jan 15, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thank you Patitta!

SAN ANTONIO — When the Rockets boarded their flight to San Antonio on Friday, before many even found their new, oversized seats, many took to social media to gush. The trip was the maiden voyage of the team’s new decked out charter jet, a 767 with all the swanky bells, whistles, and big-screen televisions.

“It’s better than what it looked like,” Kevin Porter Jr. said when hearing a question about how it looked on Instagram.

“I mean, everything looks new," guard Eric Gordon said. "It has a modern feel, a lot of TVs. You’re not used to seeing big-screen TVs in there. It’s definitely great, that’s for sure.”

Rockets players did not know they would be on the new charter until they boarded the plane.

“It was sweet; it was so nice,” Rockets coach Stephen Silas said. “(Rockets owner) Tilman (Fertitta), man, wow. It was beautiful. There’s the different sections, layback seats, everything was done to perfection. I’m very thankful to Tilman for doing that for us. It’s definitely a perk.”

Fertitta purchased the jet in 2019 after the season, spending much of nearly two years since to have it retrofitted for NBA needs. That includes video and meeting areas for coaches, card tables and seats ideal for sleeping. But with the short first flight from Houston to San Antonio, the attention on the first flight was on the comfort.

“I’ve been on six teams, and I’ve never seen a plane like that one,” Rockets center Christian Wood said. “I know they took their time. You get on it and you’re like, “Wow man, so much space. It’s so huge.' You’re thankful for Pat (Fertitta) and Tilman spending their money to have that. We’re going to have those longer flights soon, too.”

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. he'll make Joe Chee obsolete

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This basically answered my question, then. Nice job keeping the dudes happy, Tilman, and hope they enjoy the new ride. Man, that looks sweet.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

oh shiii!!

tillmen not poor anymore!

@everyone