1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets ready to retire Yao Jersey !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

The year we had the win streak was 07-08 and we lost to the Jazz in six without Yao.
    08-09 was when McGrady went out early in the new year and Yao became leader of the team. Finished strong and helped to beat Portland, then in Game 1 got his knee assassinated by Kobe.

1 person likes this.
  2. Orange

Orange Member

Wow you sound like such an idiot. First off you don't know anything about history if you get 2 different seasons mixed up. The 22 game win streak was in 07-08 the year we lost in the first round to Utah with Tracy playing. Also Tracy did not play all 22 games. Also Yao played 12 of the 22 games of the streak simple math would tell you that most of the win streak was WITH Yao. The year we made it out of the first round was with Yao leading us and Tracy being out for the year. Tracy had nothing to do with that season which was in 08-09. So get your facts straight fool and go learn about the rockets.

1 person likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McGrady fans have a deranged and incorrect view of Rockets history.

Do fans keep pounding the fact that Hakeem helped lead the Rockets to a 15 game winning streak in the 94 season?

No, they keep mentioned what happened that season. Something called the MVP, DPOY, and Finals MVP. Being the absolute best player in the league.

A Rockets fans view of the 22 game winning streak was the rise of new heroes, like Scola, Landry, Aaron Brooks etc

We've seen McGrady before. It's not like it was McGrady carrying the Rockets that entire run. It was a total team effort under a NEW SYSTEM and NEW COACH, Rick Adelman.

Anyone who can't see why Yao is getting his number retired and McGrady never getting retired by anybody is blind.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who's fault is that?

Why is he the exception? there are many NBA players, why are certain fans giving him a special permit or parking pass?

Moses Malone? Yao? Hakeem?

they got their due...because they EARNED IT.

5. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Idiot reporter: "How do I thank my family and my homeland?"
    Yao: "How does a blade of grass thank the sun?"

I think Yao has given a very smart reply to a stupid but tricky question.

6. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

tinman, Sir, I know you are bloody rockets fan, but TMAC also tried his best in game. There are lots of rumors against TMAC, but most are not true.

7. jocar

jocar Member

Visibly strained, fighting his temptation to look down for an awesome sky view of her boobies.

8. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Nice observation. Another observation is that her boobies are almost level with his groin area...

Another fan pic:

[​IMG]

9. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

Does Earl Campbell deserve to have his jersey retired? Where are his rings, Super Bowl appearances, etc.?? He's revered because he gave his heart & soul for this city, everything he had, he left it on that field.

I had the honor of meeting Yao, interviewing him and watching him practice and play and no one was more dedicated to the Rockets. He did everything that was asked of him and gave it his all every time out, just like Earl, even to his own detriment. And he excelled.

Yao Ming is absolutely deserving of this honor and the gratitude and respect of anyone who calls themselves a fan of this team.

1 person likes this.
  10. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Het gotrock, I am curious so you are a journalist ?

11. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Great to see the Rockets honoring Big Yao like that :)

He definitely deserves it.

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Is the Evil Matt Schaub over Yao's shoulder? Damn, I miss Yao. He is the definition of class and hard work. Even if he can peer down chicks blouses all day. :cool:

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

It is schaub!

14. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yao only play for Rockets. No other teams has a Yao's jersey. So it has to be Rockets. Congrat!

15. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

that's why u need Iphone 5 instead of Iphone 4 :grin:

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what the hell

stop jumping years this hurts my brain

1 person likes this.
  17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I think that knee injury had alot to do with his subsequent left foot injury. taking a hit like that (everyone saw the massive bruise in the following games) on his right knee will naturally lend one to favouring it on their opposite side. Given Yao's injury history with that left foot, seems that bit of added pressure and weight was too much, given Yao was already playing with sore feet for quite a while..

18. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

When is this picture taken?

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Do you guys think T-Mac's jersey will ever be retired?

20. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

why not? except tinman & orange