1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets ready to retire Yao Jersey !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ogh

ogh Member

Hes not ignoring them, just that he could not find them :grin:

2. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

For those who haven't seen it already, Year 0f Ya0:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ykLDVhdUVs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EOON9n312bE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VFZIU0YA1Bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/--ExBV_xkEU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9O_zm7LPGdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

[​IMG]

In all seriouness though. Glad Yao is finally getting his jersey retired.

Why doesn't the Magic retire Mcgrady's jersey?

4. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Finally, man deserved it.

5. rocketblood713

I dont think he deserves it hes a good player and all that but how many times has he taken the Rockets past the second round in the playoffs ?????

6. Orange

Orange Member

Once. Also one more time than TMac took all his professional teams in his life.

7. rocketblood713

so why would they retire his jersey for what I dont get it for bring player like Lin to the NBA ?

8. Orange

Orange Member

He Was one of the best centers of the 2000s Making the all star game every year he played. Also he made great contributions to the game of basketball.

9. rocketblood713

and that gets his jersey retired ..lol

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

maybe you are to be named tinming

11. Mariachi ROCKET

Felicidadez Yao!!!!

12. Orange

Orange Member

Yup he does and your stuck on this forum hating on him LOL.

13. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Not trying to take away from Yao's legacy, the dude was amazing, and he put our city back on the map, but Yao HAD to play for China during the offseason. His parents had an arranged marriage by the Chinese government to specifically breed a basketball player, there was no way China would let him not play for them. The constant stress on his feet is the reason his career ended early. I'm not the biggest fan of Lin either, but stop using this great moment for the city of Houston, and for our Rockets, to carry on your personal agenda against a player.

14. rocketblood713

15. rocketblood713

how am I hating lol I just think he should of done more to get his jersey retired like maybe getting to the finals a couple times at LEAST

16. Orange

Orange Member

Well its not your choice its the Rockets, Retireing someone jersey is about respect more than individual performance. The Rockets fell that Yaos jersey needs to be up there with other Rocket legends and that no Rocket shall ever wear #11 again. There are many players who never get their jersey retired because they have not gained respect as a human being.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know that answer

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T-Ekfbt8aew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. rocketblood713

thats fine im just saying me IMO that he dont deserve it he cause the Rockets never went anywhere with him just cause I dont agree and have my own opinion about it doesnt mean im hating on him

19. Orange

Orange Member

Like I said its a Rockets honor its not like making the hall of fame.
    There should be no opinions on if he deserves it or not, if the rockets
    think he deserves it thats all that matters. That me telling you what
    NBA players jersey you should buy based on if I think they "deserve" their
    jersey being purchased from fans.

20. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Oh please, that is totally false. If it were true, why wouldn't they ask them to have more than 1 kid? It was just conjecture by some Western author who wanted to sell more books.