1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets ready to retire Yao Jersey !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, Jan 23, 2013.

1. M4-Nightvision

Imagine if yao can play today. he'll dominate. those sweet soft touch free throw swish .

2. M4-Nightvision

I remember yao shut dwight howard down hehehe

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Do miss watching a big guy with a post game. :(

4. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

How about Yao getting his a$$ out of retirement and back to basketball shape and we trade Asik??? LOL

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

So happy for him. Made Houston relevant again and made basketball a worldwide phenomenon.
    Question: Is Yao the last great center with an elite post game?

6. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Anybody have pictures of Yao beside Rockets fans? Did a Google search and came up with nothing. Anyone meet him and stand beside him and get their picture taken?

7. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I took a pic with him but you can see me and only see 3/4 of his body and not his face :)

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yao doesn't do pictures or autographs. Very rarely does he do it (like the time those guys stalked Yao). If you watch year of the Yao, you can see him ignoring people from grown ups to little kids. :grin:

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I have to admit, I'm a huge elitist snob when it comes to retired numbers. I'm not sure this is "right" from a basketball standpoint. Yao's career statistical achievements line up with, say, a Derrick Coleman or a Larry Johnson, just crammed into a shorter career. He had essentially 3 elite, full seasons and 3 elite 50 game seasons and that's it.

But I really can't find it in me to complain when it comes to a guy like Yao. No doubt he put the franchise back on the map. I saw my first live playoff game thanks in large part to Yao getting us there. I witnessed my first Rockets playoff series win as an adult fan thanks in large part to Yao. Yao's the man, I can't say anything against him.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yao absolutely deserves this! :) Great basketball player and teammate. Great move by the organization.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Congrats yaoza!

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Agreed - ba$ketball rea$on$.

15. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

one of the greatest rockets of all time. well deserved. dem injuries were heartbreaking.

16. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Hmmm... could be an agreement he made with merchandise companies who pay him for signing their products. On the other hand, pictures.... you mean even Clutch hasn't had a picture taken with him? No ladies night with Yao?

17. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Found a pic :cool:

[​IMG]

18. cw3k

cw3k Member

One of the greatest center of all time. Too bad his career cut short by injuries. If not, he will make Howards look silly now.

1 person likes this.
  19. ogh

ogh Member

Yao is such a cool dude!

20. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Great news! I remember watching how he progressed from sitting with his parents in China on draft day looking scared to death to the hilarious man that most Rockets fans loved. He got dealt a crappy hand but I don't think his effort or desire was ever questioned. Congratulations Yao!