1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets move toward formal offer to Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 19, 2016.

1. htown1984

htown1984 Member

yes but wasnt there a report that if MDA is hired- the Rockets will build a team of strong assistans (so that tells me Morey is hiring the assistants for MDA)

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

please...

3. roswell raygun

The family of 88-year-old Pelicans owner Tom Benson tried to have him declared incompetent to run his affairs. Maybe it's time for Leslie's family to do the same.

1 person likes this.
  4. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Damn. I was hoping this was just a bad dream that I would soon be waking from

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While I do agree, let's at least wait to see if they have a trick up their sleeve for an "Associate Head Coach" or Defensive coordinator role. It seems like they don't really have anyone on the radar which is unnerving and they haven't been able to find elite assistants in the past but hey maybe we will get lucky and actually have some talented assistants not seen since Adelman left.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No one has forced you to be a fan.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

I feel genuinely sorry for Morey

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Latest sauces: Vinny Del Negro and Tyrone Corbin to be named assistants of the Houston Rockets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

the biggest issue is the roster. coaching only has to be good enough, the same cannot be said about players.

10. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this is wrong, if the team sits down and all the people involved in the process think MD is the correct coach and we picked it, it's fine, if not, the owner shouldn't have the final say on what coach this team is going to pick:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

the rockets are who they were this season because of the players he assembled. it's up to him to fix it or move along...

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The person who writes the checks chooses who gets the checks.

14. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

How will the relationship be between GM and HC now? Will there be a constant power struggle which in the end ruins our team? Will our new HC be receptive to the our GM's ideas or will he be reporting directly to the owner? Lord please let us not be a disfunctional team like SAC.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Funny thing is that i would have been okay with this back before we hired McHale with a Lin, Harden, Parsons team.

Now i'm praying we can get Sergio Llull to come over.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

they rockets are who they are because they lack defense, discipline, and accountability. MDA's track record shows he possesses not of these qualities as a HC.

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We will be bottom 3 in the league within 5 years...

Just like Suns, Lakers, Knicks

18. Fantasma Negro

MDA = Rick da Ruler. Just wait, this is a good hire guys

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Pringles is still considered (by some) to be this great offensive mind. Without even mentioning how bad his defenses have been, he hasn't really had a great offense either in, what, 10 years? Not in New York. Not in LA. Not in Philly.

The one thing I will say is this is obviously a sign the Rockets want Dwight gone. There probably isn't another coach in the league that Dwight would rather play for less.

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

If Nash is at assistant count me in. Gotta see the bright side i guess. besides anyone else feel Nash true calling is head coaching? If Dantoni dont get it done just promote steve Nash To HC and youre good for ten years.