1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Mix, starring James Harden & Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haydenfisher342, Jan 6, 2013.

1. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

2. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Dont remember a team this exciting to watch. maybe its just been a while, but the excitement of a young team improving together beating expectations is great. Unlike other years we have players who are home grown. its great.

3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Very nice! I like the high quality images in the video.

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I'm actually glad you didn't put in the absolutely terrible rap(I refuse to call it music) that every other highlight video seems to have. Nice work.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

How about just a Harden mix? Nobody wants to see Lin miss jumpers and dribble the ball off his foot

6. haydenfisher342

Lin wears a Rockets Jersey

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Woah, woah take it easy. I just think you should make a mix that fits with better music. Just a thought.

8. Simone78

Simone78 Member

Why not doing it yourself?:confused:

9. MonKing

MonKing Member

Great job. My favorite part of the Lin segment is when the stunned announcer exclaims "Ohhhh! He makes a three!!" :)

Looking forward to the day when folks aren't quite so shocked when he hits the outside shot.

10. haydenfisher342

Im chill playa

11. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

great mix, great background music.......

12. Epik

Epik Member

Would you like some cheese with that?

Nice highlight, OP.

Also, nice song suggestion, whoever embedded Radioactive from imagine dragons.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A two headed Bearded Dragon more like.

14. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

The two-headed Bearded Dragon...I like that. Better than Beardsanity. That _____-sanity stuff is SO last year. ;)

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

nice! haha looks like lots of inspiration from the wins to make videos.
    here are my 2 from the back to back wins :grin:
    vs bucks
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KY58tf8EmXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    vs cavs
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Xkts_GEj_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maybe time to start a rockets art squad

16. haydenfisher342

Once JLin can consistently make the 3, and reduce the t/o which I know he will, hes going to be worth every penny. I believe

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Good quality start. Good video. Good music. I liked it.

Since you talented and put in a lot of effort, I'll also try to push you in new directions for my own enterainment. I'm not knowledgeable, nor experienced, couldn't even create a video of my own, but like Simon Cowell I know what entertains me. You did a good job, but my next step for you would be to try align the clips peak moments with the music. That will help you make some emotional connections. And then my next piece of advice would be next to try and tell a story. Take me somewhere with the video or the music, by the way you cut it, with the selection of video, or by the selection of music. Maybe start by showing me some contrasting images ( this would either be some failure, pain, frustration, or two characters that are the opposite of each other and then come together ) and then take me too your destination, your moment, or on that journey of discovery. What is it you want to tell me with this video? And at the end let me see it, make me feel it. Leave me with an end to the story, or somehow wanting more.

That would definately push you into new areas, but it's a lot easier to say than to do. Expect failure. But like any artist, you'll eventually create magic simply be pushing yourself to do so.

I like what you did. Just like the Rockets though, push yourself. Go for more. You may get critical comments, but who cares, experiment and let's see what you come up with. ;)

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

looking forward to the rest!

19. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

awesome!! watched the whole video :)

20. haydenfisher342

Done, stay tuned