1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Houston Rockets Get Jermaine Taylor (32nd pick)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Jun 25, 2009.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

DD doesn't like Taylor's potential, because he can't join the WBPS.

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

DD doesn't like Taylor because he said he's a scorer in an interview. That is LAME.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Smh how in the hell is he a smaller Tyson Chandler?

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

So in the vein of summer daydreams here's my Budinger daydream:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7S8qDpUH3hQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7S8qDpUH3hQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. VonWafer#1

VonWafer#1 Member

Sorry if I'm late on this, but has anyone made a joke yet about Jermaine Taylor being a boxer? I was expecting to see that immediately.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

DD doesn't like Taylor cause he thinks Taylor is taking Von Wafer's money. :rolleyes:

7. Egghead

Egghead Member

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Didn't you get the memo? Tyson Chandler is one of the best ball handlers and shot makers in the league, able to get to the basket off the dribble at will. He also has a quick release and fluid shot mechanics resulting in a good arc in his shots.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I didn't think of that,but I think he has a lot of unnecessary body fat.Too much junk in the trunks. He is big but needs to lose weight. That can help him dunk and finish better.

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Errr wrong thread?

11. BetterThanEver

Taylor's bodyfat was measured at 5.8%. That's very low for a non-bodybuilder.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yeah, I liked Thegary's Dr. pangloss quote so much I was going to quote it again from the Taylor thread into the Budinger thread but I missed on my cut-n-paste. Then the comparisons are so whimsical it didn't really matter.

The Thunder Dan piece is a good history lesson though.

#212 Dubious, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  13. Egghead

Egghead Member

He played four years at the University of Central Florida, where TV coverage and recognition are not great, or even good. But he still managed to lead his team to an NCAA tournament bid his senior year, while averaging 26.2 points per game, good for third in Div. I ranks. He is an NBA ready shooting guard who addresses a Rockets need, a wingman who can create their own shot. Some say that if he went to a big time school and played like he did at UCF, he would be a Top 12 pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/207111-rockets-win-in-draft-with-no-picks/poll_results#poll

14. worzel gummidge

..but Brooks and Wafer can?

15. BetterThanEver

They aren't rookies.

16. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Screw Wafer he wont sign with us lol... JT is the real deal...

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Actually, that's very low for a bodybuilder unless they are about two weeks out from competing.