1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets & Al Horford have mutual interest??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Jun 16, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

4 years, $112M offer from the Mavs reportedly

tc0330 and Vivi like this.
  2. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

The Mavs can have him.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hard for him to turn that down. It's basically the same contract he got from the Celtics three years ago.

4. mightybosstone

Damn. I love Horford's game and would do a sign and trade with Capela for him in a heartbeat. But that contract is just brutal. If Morey did that, that's $69 million he'd have tied up on average the next three seasons in Paul and Horford—two guys coming down the final stretch of their careers who are one major injury away from becoming useless dead money.

I just don't think you can do it. If it was Paul for Horford, I'd maybe feel differently, but I just don't think the Celtics covet Paul that much.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

this is why its hard to believe any big name is gonna come here lol. so many other teams out there willing to make these kinda offers to big name players we want. its just a pipe dream for us no matter how much we "go all in" or some $hit lol

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=27024883

Brian Windhorst, Jackie MacMullan & Tim MacMahon

JM: (Hoford) I think the Celtics made him a good offer. I can't tell you what it was but I think they made a 4-year offer that was a pretty healthy one. It's not like they said "We'll lowball Al Horford." There are teams interested in Horford & one I believe is the Dallas Mavericks. There will be some big money for Horford.

[...]

JM: There's many reasons Kyrie Irving isn't going to be in Boston anymore, although we have to hedge it because it hasn't happened yet. Kyrie didn't like Boston. He didn't like living in Boston. He just didn't. By the end he had issues with Brad. By the end he had issues with Danny. By the end he had issues with pretty much all of us.

[...]

BW: [Brook] Lopez had a terrific year. Lakers are sniffing around. Lakers need perimeter players. DeAndre Jordan is a guy on the Lakers radar they're hoping they can get for relatively cheap because he wants to be back in LA.

[...]

BW: (Horford/Mavs) Al Horford clearly knows he has another offer. Speculation within the league is it's with the Dallas Mavericks. Number out there, no idea if true. 4 years, $112M is the number floating around.

TM: It's rumor & speculation. I think I got lied to. I reached out to some Mavericks folks & got Harrison Barnes'd. When they signed Barnes, it was no way, no way, boom! This one, they didn't shoot down but "Oh wow, we're caught off guard." They played dumb on Horford.

BW: You hear that? We're not reporting anything. You hear that? We're not reporting anything. ... Cuban & the Mavs have missed out on free agents the past 5-7 years. This feels like an aggressive overpay but they'll only have cap space this summer because I assume they'll sign Porzingis.

TM: The way the market is looking, maybe Kemba is available or Horford. Mavs, in a perfect world would sign a guy they could sign to a second contract & keep together with Luka & Porzingis. For their development, they have to play in the playoffs. Signing Al Horford is a way to kickstart this thing a big leap forward.

JM: Horford is a great fit there. KP & LD if they're willing to learn from him. ... What I heard a lot last night is Kemba is who they(Mavs) want. Kemba is their big target.

BW: I've heard a lot about Kemba. Some have said they'll get that done. Others who said no way he's getting the super max. Other have told me no, they feel like if you put Charlotte to the test, ... I don't feel comfortable in my Kemba Walker information right now.

TM: Even with Kemba, it's "The age doesn't line up(with KP/LD), do you want to pay that much to a small guy" but also "It'd be nice to have someone other than Luka who can be a bucket-getter." We'll see what Charlotte does. They won't go supermax. Even if it's just 5 years, a little over the normal max, he can't leave that much on the table I'd think.

BW: I was asking around to see if Charlotte was offering their pick (to offload money) but several teams said they weren't. They could, if they want to avoid the LT, they could stretch Biyombo. If staying out of the tax is their thing, that's one remedy.

JM: Has anyone stretched a player successfully?

BW: Pistons are still paying Josh Smith.

Vivi likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Mavs looking to have as much fun as the Rockets overpaying the **** out of old players.

8. deshen

deshen Member

He is looking for fat paycheck, which I doubt rocket could overbid other teams.