1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Houston Rap] Z-Ro - Cocaine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bladeage, Oct 27, 2009.

1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

So I think this deserves it's own thread. I got my hands on the new Z-Ro!

And as expected it is amazing. This guy is arguably the best rapper in the South. Although I feel Chamillionaire is a little better. Different styles though.

"Type of ***** I Am"..one of the hardest tracks I've heard from this guy.

Good stuff, make sure you get it, I will without a doubt be buying this.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Where can i get a sample listen to the album?

3. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

Yess! Z-Ro has been holdin it down for a long time for the H and one of the most slept on rappers. His Mo City Don Freestyle isn't the best lyrically but if you're from Houston, you know half of the words. Had heard a few songs (the one you mentioned) and will cop for sure. Life of Joseph McVey and Let the Truth be Told might be my favorite. Where did you pick yours up?

4. chosans

chosans Member

Z-Ro is definitely one of the most underrated rappers out there. Him and Trae are two of the best rappers in Houston imo. I used some of their songs in my videos if you wanna check them out:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cXQLPR0laNw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cXQLPR0laNw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pUyIwFqQepw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pUyIwFqQepw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Will be sure to take a look at his new release.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Z-Ro is good but he isn't my favorite Houston Rapper.

1. Chamillionare
    2. Slim Thug
    3. Z-Ro

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I like the name of the album. Anywhere I can get a sample...? :eek:

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

The new HTown mic pass....Z-RO, trae, devin, cham, keke, Bun B

Z-ro's flowing in his barber shop in missouri city.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcSR0LNItmw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcSR0LNItmw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

8. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Z-Ro is in my top 5 favorite rappers. I really need to check out his new stuff.

Mo City Don Freestyle is SIIICK

9. th3tak3ov3r

th3tak3ov3r Member

Cam' wrecks that h0e

10. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I enjoy Z-Ro as much as anyone, but most of this best work came out earlier in his career...

I started listening to him when Life of Joseph McVeigh came out but once I heard his first album, "Look What You Did to Me," I was instantly hooked. It was some of the rawest stuff I have ever heard. The simple production is perfect as all you want to hear is him ripping his verses. Probably the fastest stuff Z-Ro has recorded. And man, there are moments on this record where he is just talking, and he sounds SO much like Pac. It's uncanny.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMTGrytFkH4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMTGrytFkH4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Noooo!!! **** Rap-A-Lot Records. No promotion for any of there albums. I thought Z-ro's release was next month. And also thought it was going to be called Heroin :confused: Even saw an album cover for the Heroin but can't wait to cop this tomorrow. Anybody else heard it yet? Wonder if it stacks up with its latest albums Crack and I'm Still Livin. Hope it's not like Power.

12. th3tak3ov3r

th3tak3ov3r Member

Heroin is next album..out next month.

13. bladeage

No it was pushed up to October 27th and changed to Cocaine.

14. th3tak3ov3r

th3tak3ov3r Member

no, 2 different albums, Heroin will out on the 27th of Nov. bro..

http://www.myspace.com/zroofficial

1 person likes this.
  15. bladeage

oh snap! two Z-Ro albums in a row.

WIN.

thanks man +1

16. nickb492

That might be what I downloaded then. It was a mixtape kinda and had 2 cds. Some were from Cocaine and I'm guessing Heroin is the rest of the tracks. **** sounds killa and I'm going to buy this CD tomorrow for sure.

17. VanityHalfBlack

All this talk about Z-ro album got me hyped up and make me want to lean in my cup? Where can I pick this up? Is this a local release or can I buy this of Amazon?

18. Poloshirtbandit

I've had the bootleg version for a few weeks. Not sure what the track list is like compared to the retail version, but I like it.

19. Poloshirtbandit

You probably have the same thing I do. It's partially new songs that were supposed to be on Heroin and partially old songs remixed.

From what I've heard Z-Ro or someone near him put out the bootleg copy to piss off Rap-A-Lot. He's trying to get out of his deal.

20. nickb492

Yeah I got that but I'm not sure about Heroin. I've been looking for cocaine and Heroin, but don't seem to find Heroin anymore. I looked at amazon.com and put Heroin and it came up with Cocaine. Then looked at the original release date for it and it had the same day Heroin was suppose to come out :confused: Can somebody help answer this question on whether or not they are the same album? Also yeah I've heard he was unhappy with Rap-A-Lot but I would to. No promotion, no internet updates, radio single song or video, or even a radio spot.