1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] The Lakers Will Learn All About Ron Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

great article. i'm sure some of you have seen farmar play and he pisses kobe off A TON b/c he usually goes off on his own. i can imagine artest doing that b/c he'll be the 3rd/4th option and when he gets the ball, he'll want to get his.

unlike players on this team, kobe will let you know if you piss him off. artest WILL piss him off with his shots. i don't know if it'll just simmer or explode into something. but kobe WILL be pissed at some point. it's just inevitable.

3. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Ron and Kobe will be best bud they way Kobe and Shaq never were. ((sarcasim))

4. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

hahahaha!

That was a pretty funny article. He takes some liberties in stretching the truth but I think that's the point.

5. worzel gummidge

Only because Kobe and Shaq never had a shower together.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow. We really are pissed at Ron.

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

the sad part is Artest would most probably be stealing shots from Gasol.. who apparently is LA;s most efficient player..

8. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

This isn't a fair article and fails to take all kinds of other important variables into consideration. I hope all the Lakersground folks don't read it, as it reflects poorly on Houston fans. I think Ron is a good player and will bring a lot to the Lakers.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

no remember there were actual events of morey and adelman being afraid to go up to ron to tell him to stop playing so stupid offensively so they told battier to do so. and it never stopped.

ron is a great person and he will bring toughness to the lakers. but pau gasol only averages 12 shots a game. if ron is going to take shots away from pau, the lakers are not going to be a better team.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

talk about sour grapes. not sure how that article is worthy of it's own thread. it's just one unqualified idiot's ramblings...something that many people's threads on here get locked because of. just because he wrote his under the umbrella of the Houston Press doesn't make it thread worthy.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Like I or anyone else here really cares what the folks at lakersground think of us

second....contrary to some of yall bleating about how we turned on ron so readily.....you really must be ignoring the sizable amount of people here who didnt want him here in the first place.

12. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Its all part of Artest's plan. He recognized Kobe is a punk ass b**** and realized the only way to prevent Kobe from getting another championship is to blow it up from the inside.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

WTF? Now we are supposed to be all for them winning a championship. Bollocks! They can kiss my arse!

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wish it was Jordan istead of Kobe up there. He was in a video with him.

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I remember plenty of times throughout the year watching Rockets games.. telling myself.. someone put in the Ron-Ron cheat codes again.. launching shots from all over the place and not stopping until he made one.

hopefully it continues this year.

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Define "sizable amount". I recall alot of people pretty damn excited when we got him last year.

You cannot honestly tell me you believe the Lakers downgraded because they got Ron Artest instead of Trevor Ariza.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I never said I believe anything.

I have no opinion re: Artest vs Ariza

but to act like there was unanimous hailing of artest coming here is revisionist history or just plain ole forgetfulness.

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Unanimous is a strong word, especially around here. However, I do think there was a great deal of support, especially after the first few Ron/carmichaeldave interviews.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I am one such poster; I never wanted Ron here and I'm glad he's gone. I know when it first came up I registered my objections to Artest, but once it was a done deal, I didn't keep objecting. I didn't come around to liking him; I just saw there was no point in beating that horse to death. I could see how people could assume that I approved of Artest since I wasn't decrying him. Who knows for how many people that is true.

Still, I do sense some mild jilted-lover-syndrome here. It's not as bad as with some others in the past, but there's a little bit.

20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

According to that New York Times article, the fact that Memphis got worse and Houston got better after the Battier trade proves he has some mystical ability to make teams win, despite his lack of visible talent.

So what does that logic tell us Artest, considering we hadn't advanced in the playoffs for so long before he got here?