1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Ranking the Local Sports Radio Shows from Worst to First

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2012.

1. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

He's 25, he practically is one.

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This is true on the whole and it's one of the reasons I prefer a host that doesn't take a lot of calls.

One of the better sports radio stations I've come across is 101 ESPN in St. Louis. They have two things that I look for in a really good sports radio station. With the exception of Mike and Mike, they are local all day and I've NEVER heard them take a call. Literally never with the exception of the times the are doing some sort of contest that involves trivia. And this is no small sample size of listening. My family lives there, so I used to listen to that station all summer and on my breaks from school when I was in college. I listen to hear what the hosts have to say and not to hear the host talk some fan off the ledge because he thinks local team X is going to "suck."

3. The Real Shady

He has a talent to troll and get people talking about him. Like we are now.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Ben and Skin, as well as Galloway and Co. are better sports talk shows than any of Houston sports radio shows. I'm a all Houston sports fan, but the two shows I named are so entertaining, that you don't have to be a fan of their teams. Feels more local.

5. Depressio

Depressio Member

1. Palilo
    2. Matt Thomas
    3. Big Show
    4. Music

1 person likes this.
  6. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

My favorite show on right now is Matt Thomas. He is a genuinely nice guy. I've met him on location a few times, and he's just cool as can be. A host's off air personality goes a long way in my book, I like down to Earth guys. We have formed kind of a friendship of sorts. We go back and forth on Twitter (@CreepFromHell) and e-mails all the time as well.

I listen to 790 pretty much all day. I skip The Mighty Dumba** though, I cant stand the guy's voice or his takes.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like Matt Thomas too although I'm not 100% sure why. The rare moments that he's on with Lance are gold. Those two need to do at least an hour a day together.

8. Blake

Blake Member

Galloway and co is awesome. All I listened to when I lived in dallas. Overreaction Mondays!