1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

HOUSTON Oilers QB Warren Moon inducted into Houston Sports HOF Class 2024

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Mrs. Adam's bout to send that cease and desist letter.

IBTL, Red.Glare, DonnyMost and 4 others like this.
  3. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Is he going to give his speech from Seattle...is he going to go in wearing Texans gear since the Houston Oilers aren't a thing anymore...is Pete Rose Adams going to disown Tennessee Whiskey McClain for giving the introduction...so many questions...

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Was the Nashville Sports Hall of Fame unavailable?

“Nashville…that’s what I identify with now.”

"The guys who played for the Oilers, and the guys who only played for the Oilers, they have a place to call home now," Moon said Friday. "Amy has made that possible by bringing everybody in. It's going to be really good to have all these guys together, and they can feel like this is home even though none of us really ever played here."

"I’m just glad (controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk) kind of reached out to all the former Oilers players and gave them a place that they could call home now, because for a long time, especially guys who only played for the Oilers, they didn’t really have a place they could call home," said Moon, a Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback who played for the Oilers from 1984-93. "A place where they could come back for an alumni weekend. A place to watch the team practice or whatever. She’s done that now by reaching out, not only this year, but the last couple years. We’ve had some functions in Houston and now she’s actually brought everybody here to Nashville.

"I’m sure a lot of these guys are very grateful about it, especially the guys who never played for an organization but the Oilers.”

Even legendary quarterback Warren Moon - who played in the city of Houston for 10 years - is acknowledging that Nashville is now the home of Oilers history and the players that once wore the uniform.

"I know this is a very sensitive subject in Houston, but the Texans never really reached out to any of the [former Oilers] and never made it feel like they wanted anything to do with the Oilers," Moon said to Jim Wyatt. "They wanted to just create their own identity. Since Amy has taken over, she has really had a passion for the Houston Oilers – she wanted to bring everybody into one family, Oilers and Titans."

"Now all the Oilers feel really comfortable going to Nashville every year for their reunion, and they never had a reunion before Amy came aboard. I know my number is retired in the stadium in Nashville, and it's where I'm in the Ring of Honor, and that's what I identify with now," said Moon.

kdchilds likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Warren talks too much.

Qan and kdchilds like this.
  6. Qan

Qan Member

Yooo better photoshop that Oilers uni out of that picture or else Adams family going to sick the NFL towards the city!

7. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

I've been saying the same damn thing the last couple of years he likes to hear himself talk he's a jackass.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

b**** better bend the knee and kiss the ring of King Stroud

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

All jokes aside, if it’s anyone we want him hanging around, it’s Tom. He’s been learning from him for awhile now. Rub greatness onto CJ.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

tom savage?

IBTL and red5rocket like this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

There was a time I would care. I don’t anymore. Enjoy Nashville and kiss my ass. Go Texans

IBTL and Qan like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

This is how much I care

13. raining threes

35-3

Choker

IBTL likes this.
  14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Chunk it in the round file.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Has any athlete gotten more of a pass than Warren Moon? He has abuse allegations against him dating back to the 90s. Just a vile piece of ****. **** that guy.

raining threes and IBTL like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine he got “lucky” it wasn’t in the social media era.
    We always heard things about him but it never blew up

raining threes, Hey Now! and IBTL like this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Sack of **** Warren Moon.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

MadMax likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member