1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Oilers: Now is the Time to Rebrand

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 8, 2021.

1. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

With zero regard

MadMax and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, Oilers history is not Tennessee Titan history.
    You may have paid to keep the records, but the Oilers will always be associated with Houston

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Honestly, I’m over it. Not gonna beg for a history.. look at the Baltimore Colts, the Dallas Texans, the Rams, raiders, etc.. teams move cities all the time, we should just be glad our city got another team. Some cities lose them forever.

however, I will say, the “Oilers” is just such a perfect Houston name. We literally ARE oil and gas. I don’t care about the stats history, but I wish we could have just kept the name.

Rokman, red5rocket, ROCKSS and 5 others like this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have to say, the Titans wearing these now has me completely over it. **** ‘em. Go Texans.

5. conquistador#11

The Unis are Nyce. The thing is, if they were so petty about keeping colors and name, they should have never changed to the tacky Titans with blah blue gear. These unies are fashionable and I know there are oil wells in Tenn. They dropped the ball.

Rokman and macho GRANDE like this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

are they wearing those Oiler unis when they play the Texans? Outrageous disrespect!

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I doubt it because Texans always wear dark jerseys at home except for one game a year and you know it won't be when the Tacks come to town.

8. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

With zero regard
    My thoughts exactly. Bud should have never rebranded. Because he did the oil derrick will forever be synonymous with Houston.
    Nashville forever mad; explaining legalities and paperwork when everyone complains about those unis not being in the H. The response always come back to yeah but they belong in the H

conquistador#11 and houstonstime like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bud Adams was never going to let Houston keep the name and history. One of the reasons he voted to allow Houston to get the franchise (besides McNair's money) is the NFL agreed to retire the Oilers' name and colors.

Atleast now, this thread can be closed for good. The Titans are bringing back the logo and colors permanently as their alternative jersey.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I understand why everything happened and that we will never get any of it back. I was just saying I honestly am fine without any of it, just wish we could have kept the name because I like the name so much better, not because I want something I can’t have. It just fits Houston so well.

but it reminds me of the beginning of baseketball when they showed all the teams moving:

“the minneapolis lakers moved to LA where there are no lakes, the jazz move to Salt Lake City where they don’t allow music”.. hell I think they even mentioned the oilers to Tennessee where there is no oil lol. Anyways, I know we’ll never get it back, and I don’t care about it, but I did love the name.

please don’t come for me on the Tennessee oil line, it’s from a movie, I don’t care if there is actually oil in Tennessee, go focus on something else.

ima_drummer2k and primtim24 like this.
  11. MadMax

My understanding is the Titans will be wearing oiler uniforms in nashville vs the Texans

red5rocket and macho GRANDE like this.
  12. conquistador#11

Just going to stir the pot, Antonio Brown style

13. Fantasma Negro

**** Warren Moon!!

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Hate to say it but if grew up an Oilers fan this is a great opportunity to buy a jersey and not a marked up Mitchell and Ness.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

To me the mere fact that someone has to go 45 years into the past to feel "good" about professional football in Houston is a testament up just how pathetic it has been for the city and it's fans. As for the Titans, what did you expect? This is a franchise that is still huffing Bud Adams' farts. Did you (or anyone else for that matter) actually expect a competent organization making intelligent decisions?

kdchilds likes this.
  18. MadMax

I can’t do it. I considered a hat with the Derrick on it for nostalgia. I can’t and won’t now. **** em

Bobbythegreat and donkeypunch like this.
  19. MadMax

There is no doubt that Houston has loved pro football more than pro football has loved Houston. By a long shot.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Your personal issues with this go beyond any rational discussion. I suggest therapy… or just avoid threads or forums that get you triggered.