1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston offered "several" Nets picks to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jan 31, 2024.

1. ipaman

ipaman Member

If we could still land Kel'el Ware in the draft I'd be down!!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. theDude

theDude Member

So, we should be looking at something like:

HOU = Jalen + Steven Adams + '25-'27 BKN picks and swaps
    for
    MIA= Herro + '28-'30 MIA picks and swaps

This lets Miami continue to win with Jimmy while adding additional pieces (or moving them for players) in the near future. Allows us to continue our improvement and evaluation without having to worry about adding drafted players for a few more years.

3. Rockets34Legend

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If it was a one year deal with a team option, it would have been a good gamble. Instead we got a bad player on a fully guaranteed contract that we're stuck with.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Herro is completely worthless, i would need AT LEAST one unprotected 1st to take on his contract. I would value nets picks over miami also, since we know for sure the nets will suck

Mathloom likes this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I would have been ok (not thrilled) with something like 2/16 with the 2nd year team option. I think that would have been reasonable for the value he brings

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. BamBam

BamBam Member

[​IMG]

@MATSALGADO....:rolleyes:

Go Rockets!!!

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mikal was tanking his value bad at the end. Also, the Nets FO wants to rebuild, we got the upper hand.

9. Rockets34Legend

I wouldn't mortgage our future picks for someone who might not be around long with our current future core.

I think we should stay pat with our picks and build around our core a solid team for the future.

darksoul35 likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then we should low ball them. Offer Jalen for Bridges straight up. Throw in Tate to make the money work

Snow Villiers, ROXTXIA and cheke64 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then just throw Jalen into RFA and see which bad team is rolling out the carpet for a more than max deal......

12. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

The Nets have zero leverage.

Dude's nuts.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But if we traded Jalen for Bridges he'd help tank the Nets to potentially give us another top 3 pick next year too

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's crazy just how incompetent Brooklyn is. The funny thing is that the stupidity seems to cross ownership groups, different people, same dumbass choices.

theDude likes this.
  15. theDude

theDude Member

My point was that it’s not really about the players, but the timing of the picks.

I assume Stone is engaging the Nets because those picks should be more valuable to them than other teams. If you’re giving up Jalen in the deal, it makes the extension to Bridges a little more palatable. In a Nets deal, I see Bridges replacing Jalen, not Brooks. Then you can use Bridges, Brooks and Cam between the SG/SF positions and have the flexibility of going defensive or offensive with your wings. Phoenix picks extend our window for trades and allow more time to evaluate improvement.

As for Miami, that was just off the top of my head example. But Herro holds just as much value to me as Jalen, and you’d likely have him under contract for a price cheaper than a Jalen extension will be. I’m also keeping #3 in that scenario. But extracting another pick or two could certainly be on the table.

I’d at least call Miami and then leak it so that Brooklyn knows their picks could be setting sail.

16. dmoneybangbang

I am a bit dubious that Bridges would get a max, considering he won't be the guy in Houston. I feel like the Rockets trading for Bridges is to fill that super glue role player type, not trading for a star/star potential.

theDude likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

He can demand a max contract..... but why would he get one?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

You know, I wish you would quit being so wishy-washy about Jalen Green. Do you value him on this team.....or not?

[dramatic pause, trying to keep a straight face]

[​IMG]

Plowman, Corrosion and Pistol Pete like this.
  19. Rokman

Rokman Member

I wouldn't give them any one of those players by themselves for Bridges straight up let alone all of them. That dude must think he has prime LeBron James or Kevin Durant on that team. What an F'ing idiot. If he is a reporter he should be let go for writing such an idiotic post. I have never seen a stupider trade suggestion.

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

you wouldn't trade brooks for bridges?