1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sleepy, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

This team is a splitting imagine of the Knicks. The team is a disappointment scoring in the 60 and 70 pts nightly is horrible. Scoring 25 and 27 in a half is an embarssment. Something needs to be done and quick but having this New York style of baseketball here is a disgrace and send it back.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It is quite ugly. :(

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I knew there was a reason I never watched those Miami - NY playoff series. Now I remember.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I agree.

If this is the style of basketball we are going to be seeing all season, then by February, then only people in the seats at the Toyota Center are going to be the die hards and the rest which have free tickets for whatever reason.

I consider myself a basketball fan and a Rockets fan. But I hate watching their games. Even when they win, it is ugly. That San Antonio series was utterly nauseating.

5. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

If you were a fan of either of those teams as I was of Miami, then those playoffs battles were classic. The offense sucked but at least every possesion was crucial, every second was played at 110% effort something that is lacking the in the NBA right now.

All those who wanted Rudy out, becareful of what you wish for. Personally I thought Rudy deserved one more season. I think the problem with the Rockets shooting is that they are playing so hard on defense that they don't have their legs on offense. Also, if Van Gundy runs practices the way Riley did, then they must be exhausted. Van Gundy isn't using the strengths of the players he has, at least Rudy did that. Anyways, at least the NFL is around, I can look foreward to the TItans winning the SUper Bowl.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

what the rockets offense or the fact there was a thread just like this a day or so a go ;)

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I could'nt have said it better myself. Okay, maybe I could, but the sentiment is dead-on.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

9. BigRay

BigRay Member

WOW!!!

I miss the days when Francis and Mobley would combined for 50 to 60 by themselves now they(ROCKETS) have 60 points as a team. It SUCKS:(

This team should be a powerhouse offencesive team:
    Yao Ming=25
    Steve Francis=21
    Cat Mobley=20
    Mo Taylor=15
    Jim Jackson=15
    Eric Pike=10

Those six players should be getting 95+ a night with ease:eek:

10. spydermex

spydermex Member

Didnt sombody already post a thread like this???

11. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Here we go again. Trade for the rest of the knicks. Come on Weatherspoon. He's no better and the contract is just as bad. This has to be a bad dream.

12. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

This team has gotten real ugly fast. From a couple of years ago to now this is a joke. This team will be lucky if its .500 at the end of the season.

13. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

I knew this would happen when they decided to go with JVG. This is not basketball. This east Coast sh--. Tired of it. Wake up Les. People in Houston Will NOT PUT UP WITH THIS.

14. dn1282

dn1282 Member

did you really have to reply three times in a row like that Sleepy?

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

team-wise there is an over-emphasis on rebounding. the guards are rebounding too much when they should be concentrating on other things. kudos to jackson and cato but we need someone better in the forwards.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wish we had gotten Rick Adelman instead of JVG.

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Give me a break. It's not Jeff Van Gundy's fault this team can't all of a sudden shoot. The offense was horrible LAST YEAR to, are you going to blame JVG for that?

18. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Their is no comparison between the offense of last year to this year. Come on JVG has brought the East Coast style here and it is showing wake up.