1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston is gifting Dallas a contender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #CTCJET, May 18, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lol Dirk on his last legs

Parsons and Wes are broken

Terrible at drafting

GS, Portland, SA, and Thunder are still in the west

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh, stuff from March, when Parsons was still playing. ;)

Old.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yep contending for a 7th or 8th seed. If Parsons is your #1 player then you're not close to contending

4. #CTCJET

#CTCJET Member

Check the quote above. Dirk only said it was too early to talk about FA. Media turned that into not wanting Dwight.

Example

Matt Mosley, co-host of The Afternoon Show with Cowlishaw and Mosley weekdays from 3 to 6 p.m. on KESN-FM 103.3, ESPN Radio, answered your questions in a live chat Friday.

Here are some highlights.

Question: What Mavericks free agents would you try to re-sign for 2016-17, if any?

Matt Mosley: I'd try to land Dirk for starters. Then you almost have to try to keep Chandler Parsons once he opts out. I'm not in love with Parsons' future, but what are the alternatives? Dirk doesn't want Dwight Howard coming here, by the way. I think he'll make that known in his talks with Donnie and Mark. This team needs a rim protector. But Howard isn't someone you can build around at this point in his career. You make your best pitch to KD, but that won't go anywhere.

This is what people based that Dirk don't want Howard on. A newspaper reporter. Not a known or trusted source

5. #CTCJET

#CTCJET Member

Exit interview. End of season. See new post.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say that like it would be a good thing for Dallas.....I mean if they want to be the NBA's foremost collection of bastards, cripples, and broken things then Howard would be an excellent pickup. I mean he has numerous bastards and he's a broken thing well on his way to becoming a cripple. He'd fit right in with fellow broken players Parsons and Matthews.

7. #CTCJET

#CTCJET Member

Tim MacMahonESPN Staff Writer

Chandler Parsons sounds like a man who plans to re-sign with the Mavs: "Dallas is home to me. I loved it here. I came here to be a great player and to win a lot of games, and I've yet to do that here. So I feel that I have a lot of unfinished business here that I'd love to continue and grow into the player that I saw myself being when I signed here. The quicker we can get that done allows me to start recruiting and doing that whole thing."

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Still OLD! :grin:

That's all from March & April. OLD!

May 14:
    May 4:

9. #CTCJET

#CTCJET Member

The old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer. As a true Rockets fan I troll and pay attention to the enemy. They had no real NBA worthy Centers. Carlilse got Tyson Chandler 2 big paydays after being dumped to Dallas 2 different times for a year and getting Knicks and Suns to throw him money. Howard is better than Tyson and Carlilse can make him a top center again.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, same narrative this year for Rockets on 2K16

11. #CTCJET

#CTCJET Member

What sources do you have that are recent ?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Click the spoiler.

2 radio interviews from MacMahon from this month.

Howard
    •Dirk would have some reservations.
    •Mavs aren't interested in a max contract. I'm not sure Dallas is at the top of his list. He's intrigued by Orlando & Charlotte.
    •Playing with Dirk 3 years ago wasn't appealing to Dwight. Why now? There is a relationship with Parsons. Parsons doesn't know if he'll be back so he isn't recruiting him to Dallas.

Jason Terry said the same thing yesterday. If he thinks the offense is gonna run through him and he's gonna get post touches, WRONG!
    •If you want to run a bunch of PnRs, absolutely, Dallas will accommodate you there.

Parsons
    •Message he's getting is we aren't trying to pay you max.
    •Could be a standoff brewing heading into free agency.
    •Parsons wants & expects a max deal; his agent is telling him you'll absolutely get a max contract. Mavs are saying that's rich. We like you but at 4 years, $72M, not 4 years, $92M/$96M.
    •With Parsons, that's the reservation for the Mavs. Much "lesser" injury but same knee two straight years. Donnie Nelson said it'll come down to dollars & injury status. In other words, we don't want to pay max and are concerned with the knee. I'll go out and say the Parsons camp didn't appreciate Donnie trying to depreciate his value on the open market discussing his knee.
    •(Deal done by July 1st & out recruiting) Don't hold your breath on that. That would require drastic change by one or the other. Little chance he settles for 4 years, $72M without testing the market.
    •This is where he wants to be but wants his cake and eat it too. Smooth & easy negotiation and out on the recruiting trail July 1? Don't count on it.

#32 J.R., May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  13. sabesque

sabesque Member

is there any benefit for Parsons to say something other than this? It's the equivalent of saying "Well, I'm really happy at my current job" to make sure that the recruiter knows to get you a good offer.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Mavs giving Dwight the max would be amazing.

Real title shot with Wes Matthews, Parsons and Dwight as max players. It's over - just give them the rings already:rolleyes:

15. DreamEarlNolan

God I hope Dallas does land Howard and their unselfish players utilize him by feeding him the ball. I hope Dwight is their first, second, and third option on offense. That would make at least one team in the West I knew the Rockets would finish ahead of.

16. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Morey needs to be fired, hes a complete moron with nocredibility but crunching numbers.

17. #CTCJET

#CTCJET Member

We need to carry our torches to Les' house and demand changes. D'Antoni...Really... No FA will want to play for that known failure. Add in Harden and his All-NBA defense and passing. This next season will suck. Hope we hit the lotto.. :rolleyes:

18. Nook

Nook Member

Do you know how Carlisle coaches?

He isn't like most coaches, he thinks he is still a player.

First time Howard runs and leaks stories to the media or complains passive aggressively; Carlisle will physically go at him in the lockerrom and call him out in front of every other player and then not play him any meaningful minutes for the rest of the season.

Ask Rondo what happened when you aren't motivated. Carlisle physically had to be held back. Ask Chandler Parsons what happens when you don't hustle, you don't play down the stretch of games.

At 30 years old, Carlisle isn't going to change Howard and quite frankly won't respect him.

Besides, did you see Howard play this year? He isn't that good anymore.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Again.... For the 5,000th time.... Daryl Morey isn't hiring or choosing the coach. The decision is 100% Les Alexander.

20. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

Nah. Too many people on clutchfans hold Howard down. He'll likely ball out wherever he goes next. He's not as bad a player as a lot of you make him sound.