1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston in advanced talks with Kevin McHale (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 27, 2011.

1. Houston_Rockets

Where did I say you were hating on KM??? You are hating on my post because all I did was post my opinion about KMac and Houston going forward, and you came up with this very strong argument that talent is talent and trade value has no ups and downs regardless of team performances.

Beasley value for t wolves >>>>>> Trade value for any team right now
    Flynn value for t wolves >>>>>>> Trade value for any team right now
    Milicic value for t wolves >>>>>>> Trade value for any team right now

Yup, these guys are not traded because Kahn doesn´t want to and feels like these guys are a big part of the young core going forward, I am sure there are a lot of teams offering protected first round picks for Milicic as of right now.

Stop trying to make a point taking phrases out of context. If you are a mediocre team, you don´t trade POTENTIAL STAR PLAYERS, because they keep fans excited even if the team sucks, not Beasley, Milicic, Johnson, Flynn, etc.

I am not going to argue with you. My point was clear. I don´t feel like trading Scola and Martin is in our best interest, because no one would offer fair value in return (maybe it will be in our best interest to trade Scola because of his knee, but we still don´t know how serious that thing is going forward), so we are still not going young, and we will continue to go for Ws, so that is why we are hiring Xs and Os assistants, IMO.

And for the fact that my original post was bad, tyvm for the compliment, cause that bad post got rep by one of the best, more informed poster in this forum (and even tho I don´t post to get rep), I am honored for that (you know who you are, thanks)

PeAcE

2. Raven

Raven Member

So has K-Mac actually signed a contract yet?

3. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Rockets are messed by guys from Boston. Terrible in Rocket history. I quit
    to watch NBA and this site.! Bye bye!

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Drama queen?

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Welcome KM

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

HR, I'm glad you decided to stop debating a losing argument for you. Your post doesn't even make sense -- admit you were wrong and move on next time. I've been wrong lots before as well, nobody's perfect. You brought up trading Scola/Martin for no reason. Nobody was talking about either player, not even you who just mentioned Beasley/Rubio. But when you're trying to cling on to something, I guess you grasp at anything. Oh well.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You can't teach natural talent.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yes. Clearly i was being over-dramatic. I'll cut off my nose to spite my face instead.

9. valorita

valorita Member

has anyone met/seen our new head coach?

10. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

when is the official press conference for introducing mchale 2 the organization and city? mchale getting cold feet?

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Love him or hate him, it's reality...with no true stars, can he get it done like RA did? I'm thinking not, but I would love to be proven wrong...

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

No date/time announced. Not even sure McHale has signed a deal/contract yet. Rumor has it though somtime mid-week this week. So perhaps as early as tomorrow, or Thursday/Friday.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I just bursted out laughing. WTF? Bahahaha. :grin:

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

This deal wont fall apart. Cant! Well it can but I find it hard to believe that it will. Still wrestling apparently over a coaching staff.

16. Carl Herrera

My guess is that the fight is over McHale's insistance to make Jerry Sichting his top assistant if none of the front offices top choices (Joerger, Malone, and Sampson) pan out. I think Houstonians of a certain age still hate Sichting.

I am rooting for Kelvin Sampson personally. This way, the Rockets staff will have both NBA and NCAA rules violations covered. :)

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

McHale and Sampson - "cheating" errr finding new ways to get a "statistical advantage":p

18. Carl Herrera

Kelvin Sampson can text Dwight Howard about the under-the-table contract that McHale is proposing to offer him.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Exactly. And then do the same for Paul and/or Williams. Ipads and caravan trips and e-mails and all that other tomfoolery?? Noooo! All you need is Kelvin Sampson and Kevin McHale.:)