1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston in advanced talks with Kevin McHale (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 27, 2011.

1. Chris Jent MVP

[​IMG]

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey authentic, DG is a well respected member of Clutchfans. You are new here. Please keep your woman-hating views to yourself, rook.

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

5. AFS

AFS Member

Awesome reference (I think you made it intentionally, but just in case):

"When I was a rookie, [Bird] and Kevin McHale were arguing. So I asked Kevin McHale what they were arguing about. And he says, 'we're just trying to figure out who you're going to guard.' I said, 'what you mean?' and he said, 'Oh, you're dead meat, rook.'" - Charles Barkley

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blame Feigen/editors at the Chron.:p

7. authentic91

authentic91 Member

It was a joke. about overreacting at that. There is no need for you to come and try to be her knight in shining armor. Also, I may be new to posting and classified as a "rook", but have been an avid reader of the boards for 6 years now. wanted to break into my first post with a joke, yes it was controversial, but I don't care.

And as a response to DG, I wasn't saying you were over reacting by thinking it was sarcasm as there were others who had that same view. I was however, saying you were over reacting when Sam replied to Bimas tweet about the text obviously not being sarcastic, and then you replied something like "oh yeah, i'm sure sam called martin and confirmed!!!" Martin would never publicly try to insult the hire of a coach. Also, he had just said in basically the same statement that he has a "very good speaking relshionship" with DM.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

what are the terms of the contract? Not showing up on ESPN.

9. authentic91

authentic91 Member

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

ok kevin martin is getting traded. mchale wont have any of the non-defense players.

11. Chris Jent MVP

morey is gonna handle the roster, mchale is going to play the players morey tells him to play. that's a requisite to him getting the job.

12. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

Thanks coachbadlee. :)

As for “authentic”ally sexist: I was being silly about Sam Amick’s response to the tweet, because I (like others have said) don’t think Martin would actually admit he was being sarcastic. But to me, Martin probably took it very hard about losing Adelman. He asked him after season was over, “Coach, are you going to leave me again?” He expressed to Morey his worries about how the Kings went downhill after Adelman left. To me, a text about how a losing record coach replacing RA will be major piece to their championship puzzle with exclamation point at end seemed sarcastic even if he will not admit. So I was just being silly (sarcastic like Martin) about my opinion, not overreacting like “typical woman.”

Geez, I have found everyone here to be very nice, but today I get comment about being typical woman and another from Donny Most about my bad grammar when am not even native English speaker. Maybe I should change name to DragonMan and write disclaimer in signature about poor English.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In Morey's world Kevin Martin is expendable and tradeable for young prospects.

14. Nook

Nook Member

How the hell do you know how he feels? Based on a 60 character tweet that people have decided to read way too much into?...

15. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

I totally agree they should have gone with Mario Ellie even though he was taken out of the running like 3 or 4 days after they started looking for a new coach. I think KM will last only 2 yrs you think we ever bad before here comes 12 to 17 more loses a season for a few yrs :mad: what a fuxin waist

16. Chris Jent MVP

that's morey being morey. but it's not up to mchale to trade kmart just because he doesnt like his defense.

17. authentic91

authentic91 Member

Obviously your statement was an exaggeration, but i don't think a simple exclamation point provides reason to believe he was being sarcastic. Why can't he be genuinely happy we got someone who is highly regarded league wide and now they can focus on basketball instead of who the next coach will be? and the only reason i brought out the "typical woman" comment is because every guy on here acts like a "typical man" and toots the horns of the few girls who post on here. I couldn't care less about your sex, but will reply to you just as I would any other poster on here. Next time, i promise to leave "woman" out of it.

But i still think your wrong about thinking his comments were sarcastic.

18. authentic91

authentic91 Member

thank you.

19. Chris Jent MVP

so you think rockets will win 27-32 games next season??

i think the mchale haters should put it on the line and make a prediction on next season's record, or define a standard by which to judge. how many wins do you predict ??? how many wins to decide between "success" and "failure" ??? what's the magi number ?? 35 wins ??? 45 ??? 50 ??

i'm gonna go ahead and say that adelman's 44 wins was not miraculous and i believe mchale will do better. if people disagree then they should have a coherent sensible argument and not just trying to pull sniping comments about mchale/morey/les.

20. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

I was responding to Jay's shared of opinion of mine that Martin does not like the hire. I think he has right to feel this way, unlike Jay who thinks Martin should be traded for being upset. Fine with me if you and authentic do not agree, but last time I checked, message board is for sharing opinions.