1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Highlights- Tourist Destination Suggestions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KelvinCato13, Aug 13, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Canoe from Armand Bayou to the Flower Gardens for some snorkeling.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe no one has said the water wall at galleria.

It averages at least 4 hispanic couples holding tight
    [​IMG]

Deckard, TWS1986, Sajan and 1 other person like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That was one of my go-tos when I was a teenager. Waterwall, horse drawn carriage, score.

I don’t know if any outside of the Clear Lake area.

IBTL likes this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

I got to get myself to move instead of complaining till I die.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Day 1
    you are met by your greeter at IAH airport.greeter is guaranteed to show with a white cup sipping purple drank. All our greeters are certified Paul wall lookalikes.
    You are taken to your beautiful greenspoint area hotel. With feel good names like "wyndham" and "Radisson" err (Rattison) you get the elegance of what might have juxstaposed against the idea of seeing your car rest on cinder blocks and sea of 80s era strip centers and office space.. marvel at the billboards ( Houston has over 680 strip centers and street 4567 signs)
    Day 2
    Drive through iconic gunspoint as you make your way into Houston proper. Stop at carniceria,washteria, (ria) try the street corn at grocery store appropriately called "fiesta"
    Day 3
    Chain houston mexican spots with ninfas on navigation as the obvious first choice.from seis diez drive down memorial near downtown entering downtown to get there. It gives you a nice view of the Houston skyline.
    On the way back from ninfas park near or at the hotel with the pool shaped like Texas.
    Day 4
    waterwall fern t*** post oak hotel
    Day 5
    greater alief

El_Conquistador and tinman like this.
  6. Aware

Aware Member

Take them out to see the "Be Someone" sign lol

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Show them this:

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've always said Houston's best slogan should be "A great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there."

That remains somewhat true, but our restaurant scene is making that change quickly.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wish you luck, OP. This isn't the best time to visit my hometown. There is little room in the ICU's of the area hospitals, and the Delta Variant of Covid-19 is causing it. We know several friends and acquaintances who were fully vaccinated and still caught it, some in their 30's (including their kids), some older.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but you would be doing them a favor by suggesting delaying the trip until a booster shot for Covid-19/Delta comes out, hopefully sometime this Fall. Austin and the surrounding area has almost no ICU beds due to Covid/Delta. Kids, who aren't yet allowed to be vaccinated, are catching it and filling up pediatric ICU beds. In Dallas, there are NO pediatric ICU beds. If a child is injured in a car accident, foe example (god forbid), they have to fly them to Temple or Oklahoma and hope they make it. Dallas simply doesn't have them. Houston is little better.

Sorry, but someone had to say it. Putting that aside, there have been several excellent suggestions. NASA is cool, Kemah isn't, in my opinion. Houston has a really good children's museum, and excellent art and natural history museums. If they are in town, I can think of nothing better than taking in an Astros game at Minute Maid. It's a fantastic experience. Have fun and good luck.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

No... Nobody really did. Keep enjoying CNN...

And stay in your damn forum with this ****.

****ing brainwashed clowns.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

TWS1986 likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

incase nobody mentioned yet
    commerical but still fun nonetheless
    pleasure pier
    houston marquis downtown
    lost pines hyatt (1hr 30mins away from downtown just same drive as galveston)

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I watched this video a while back. I don’t disagree with some of his points but I’m not sure what his solution is other than griping that it’s not walkable. What do you do with the people that want their own house and land?

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

VooDooPope and TWS1986 like this.
  15. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

That is true, lol.

16. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Fun fact. I was going to propose to my then girlfriend here, but they closed early and I wouldn't make it in time after work. So I proposed at the Rainbow Lodge instead, and the rest is history :). Married two years now :).

17. elrond

elrond Member

I always enjoy going to Brazos Bend State park to see the birds and alligators.

18. Buck Turgidson

I took dates to the old, original Rainbow Lodge back in the day. I have 3 questions:

It moved locations, but where?

What is there now in the original?

How is the new one different?

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth bbq

20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

The new one's off Ella and TC Jester. Pretty close to 610 North. I'm not sure about the original location or anything. I proposed 3 years ago. but even before that ... it's been at that new location for like I guess 10+ years? I think. Not sure how the new one is different though. It's very romantic and the outdoors part is really nice.

Photos of said proposal below :). I was about 60 lbs skinnier then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]