1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Head Coaches former, and the Ex's we all love, and a question on the next real HC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D12Eminem, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

So I have been thinking, tough to honestly start this thread, after the passing of
    Mchale's daughter, Sasha Mchale, RIP, first & foremost, second, I hope that Mchale does stay out until he is ready, and the JOB IS HIS...IT'S HIS...

I went to a certain University that fired a HC of their football team....drum roll..BECAUSE HE HAD A HEART ATTACK....:eek:...So a famous money donation man I'll give ya a hint "We will save you MONEY!"-Mr. Gallery Furniture...Not even sure if he went to my Alum, but anyways story goes like this- a few million dollars was there for the football team, then the HC was fired after having a heart attack, and thrown under the bus....so "Mr. Gallery Furniture" said you fired him, give me back my money, and it's going to the music and art dept., or name the field after the HEAD COACH YOU JUST FIRED!-Needless to say they took the money, and did what was said....

Mchale can take as much time off as he wants, this team is young, and learning on its' own, and they seem to love Mchale, honestly, maybe it was Kevin Martin..."playing vid games too much", anyways...he deserves anything he so desires, after this tragic loss....

Here's my real question after that all aside....I'm not asking for a coaching change, right now, that's wrong, and not really needed, because we aren't winning a chip this year....so I am wondering after the history of the Rockets they have had 12 Head Coaches - with Rudy T having the longest tenure with them, which is weird because even Fitch lasted 5 years, next in line was Del Harris who had 4 years prior to Fitch's tenure...so I wonder we have heard that "Finch" is somewhere next in line, a similar approach that the Dallas Cowboys took with Jason Red Jesus Garrett, and I am a Cowboys fan, and I think Garrett is the next long term HC for the Cowboys, bc Jerry isn't running things "really" that much anymore, it is his more modest son, who loves Jason...anyways I regress, I'm just wondering if we are looking towards the same way Finch coaches the O just as JG did in Dallas before Wade destroyed all hope for the Cowboys, bringing in his old washed up vets, that finally got too old for him, and since his last little bit of that season we have been in total redevelopment mode, while trying to stay relevant, same as Rockets...
    Sooo I'm wondering are we really waiting for the "guy we have molded through the RVG NBDL, and then now as an assistant offensive guru, who may be a mix between the a uptempo D'antoni style, and lots of movement in the half court with the "Rick the Ruler style"...

So are we molding the next head coach for real?.... or is he the back up plan if we can't grab a top notch HC? Which is in low supply of great Head Coaches, and I don't consider the whole Lakers choice very smart....I bet Phil heads to NYK now for spite....instead of just wanting to...

1 person likes this.
  2. arjun

arjun Member

did not read.

3. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

:grin:

4. Nook

Nook Member

Sorry man.... too hard to follow what you posted.

I will tell you this though, no way in hell Jason Garrett will be in Dallas long term. The Cowboys are one of the most undisciplined and poorly coached team in the NFL.

As for the Rockets next long term coach, there is no way to know. It was going to be Carslile and one point, but he was off the market. I think Morey likes Finch and if there was an opening tomorrow he and Sampson would get serious consideration.... but 2-3 years from now Finch could be in the front office or with another organization. The environment and needs of teams change all the time. What if Harden regresses or gets hurt, in that case we will want a young coach. What if we some how add another star player and Parson and Lin improve, in that case we will be a 55-60 win team and not want to go with a young coach.

Last, I will just say that what Morey looks for in a head coach is a little different than people seem to think. Morey does not necessarily need his coach to be the smartest person in the room, or an offensive or defensive genius. Morey wants a leader, someone that can set the tone and keep his assistants and players on the same page.

5. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I pray to god Garett is not the next long term HC. Horrible horrible clock and TO management.

6. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

It was an analogy, and who cares if you didn't read...then why'd you come in...no it's simple read the last question?
    Clutchfans is full of FOOLs these days...young fools.

7. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Here for the dumb folk...who can't read

-Are we really molding Finch or is he the BACKUP PLAN, and we are just waiting for some bait in a top notch HEAD COACH, but the supply of them is LOW, D'antoni isn't a GREAT COACH, nor was he a hire...SO that is my question, is the new age Morey idea to mold his coach, or where will we be looking, quite possibly soon, if Mchale decides to leave after the year. ??

Didn't read hahahahhaahhahhahah

8. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

:rolleyes: Didn't read trolls=TOOLS pawns of society

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Terrible thread. Your thread posting privilages should be revoked. I couldn't even read that non-sense.

10. Nook

Nook Member

There is NO WAY TO KNOW.... it is a static situation, no one is guaranteed the future head coaching position. If I had to guess, the Rockets head coach in 5 years will be someone you have never thought of.... hell it could even be Nate Tibbets.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Please tell me you weren't an English major.

Says the guy who can't construct a single coherent sentence. Why all the ellipsis?

1 person likes this.
  12. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Ok- there are two analogies here, first I didn't want to say who is the next coach-bc after the whole Mchale thing...second it is better than talking about LIN and and the 100 threads...are we molding a coach for reals or not, that is my question, to you people who can't read?

Didn't want to start it off with ok Mchale deserves nothing, but let's talk the Rockets next HC...I know the Rockets have only 12 coaches in their history, not many compared to many ball clubs...the other stuff was fluff, that was meant to say Mchale deserved time off....and an analogy that I saw....the other analogy was that JG was molded for the Cowboys HC....
    Is Morey thinking this is the new thing to mold a HC, since great head coaches are in low supply...
    Y'all are the stupid ones...acting like y'all know everything...
    Simple question...sorry I used analogies, and said sorry to Mchale's stuff-since I was talking about a future HC....
    No they shouldn't actually...it isn't a LIN THREAD!

13. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Nope Economist....

14. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

why make complete sentences, when talking to people that can't seem to read a full sentence....

15. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Oh, and thanks for asking; I would be like you saying you spelt this wrong, blah blah let's just derail the thread more-

"says they guy who can't complete a sentence"

Be sure to start another Lin thread though. WE NEED THEM!:rolleyes:

16. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

It's the INTERNET, bro. Ya mad I use dialogue that's not graded...SMH...why would I care...

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

LOL Royce White is that you?

18. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

YUP!!

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Quit reading after that..

20. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

COWBOYS FAN SHOULD BE BANNED FROM HOUSTON