1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Haunted Houses

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hippieloser, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

I've been living in the greater H-town area for like, 10 years now and I've still never been to one! I plan to end my suckitude this year, so which is the best?

Let's hear some haunted house stories and recommendations!

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

Holy crap, I guess Haunted Houses really suck!

3. droxford

droxford Member

about 12 years ago, (in my early twenties) worked at a haunted house for the March of Dimes. That was, by far, the best HH I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I don't think they do a HH any more.

My idea of a good haunted house: lots of well-designed, original, and clever theme rooms and areas. The one I worked at had an alien room with alien eggs that had smoke coming out of 'em as aliens would swing down from the ceiling. Next room would be a car wreck room where we got a real car (totalled) and scattered dead bodies around it (of course the bodies would come to life and attack). Then there was the swamp room, the Elvis room, the bloody sheet room, etc. A HH that puts time into the design and visuals is lots of fun to me.

My idea of a BAD haunted house: a plywood maze with kids in rubber masks jumping out to startle you. Sadly, this seems to be the norm for Houston HH's, which is why I don't attend them any more. Back in the day, I'd go to almost all of 'em - loved that stuff.

-- droxford

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

Yeah, I'd definitely like to avoid the lame "maze" haunted houses. If I want to work a friggin' puzzle I'll stay home! Can anyone make some recommedations, here? I've heard a couple adds for "Scream World" and I've heard that this one contains the famed "haunted hotel..." is it true/any good?

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

just go to the old Jefferson Davis hospital (i think) by downtown. that place will scare the crap out of ya. just don't get shivved by a bum.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah...there's a haunted tours of houston that will take you there.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

I don't believe in ghosts or anything, so is the place just downright spooky and creepy, or what? If it's a tour of scary-ass places, cool, but if it's some lame "ghost-hunting" expedition, screw it.

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

i haven't been. not sure.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

Oh well. I did some checking on the web and found out that "Phobia" has a new location on 290 I think that includes something called "Clown Phobia 3-D." That sounds pretty awesome!

10. m_cable

m_cable Member

Clowns are the scariest things in the world. There can be no exception to this. Remember the movie IT. It was probably way toned down because it was a made for tv miniseries but the clown scared the heck out of me.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

I get the impression that lots of people find clowns rather unpleasant, but what it is that makes them scary? I always liked clowns!