1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Houston has to include Eric Gordon to get Butler deal done"-Woj on SC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 26, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Gordon is clearly not in an offer with 4 picks. I’m with you though I can understand why neither Taylor nor thibs are excited about picks that have an outside shot of being good picks in 5 years

Vivi likes this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

No I think Butler side leaked it because they want to show Minnesota is going back on their agreement to trade him.

Go look at his agent’s Twitter account, @Bernieolee, dude is a loose cannon and would def leak something like this

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Damnit man. The offer was prolly this...DAMNIT.

4. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Well if minny ain’t excited about picks then why not offer fewer picks plus eGO?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting take, Don.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

But, how would his agent even have this info? Is there something in NBA contracts that says players have to be constantly updated on their trade situations?

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, Knight is actually negative value so, his contract pretty much takes away all the value from at least one pick there.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

So WOJ and WIndhorst were gassing us up :(

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Morey tells Harden/Chris/Melo who are in communication with Butler to see if he would agree to resign.

HP3 likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Imo because you still aren’t a title team

J Sizzle, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I guess it's possible.

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

According to my sense, Rockets leak it.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not sure sports has ever seen a pending FA that walked when a team could've gotten back 4 first round picks.

If (WHEN) Butler walks this summer, the Wolves are first round fodder again, and Butler's not traded, Minnesota will win the all-time shortsighted award. We'll see how they're feeling about that when they're trying to make draft day deals and Butler is chilling in Brooklyn.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need the Rockets to win some games so Morey gets a bit more power in this standoff.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

First round fodder?

More like lottery fodder again.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and napalm06 like this.
  16. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

If im the wolves owner im taking the 4 first rounders in a heart beat.. this sets you up nicely for future deals and trades..
    your getting 4 first rounders for a player that wants out.. WOW

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they will take it when the trade becomes possible...on 31th...they are just posturing to get more.. they are greedy, thats why they found themselves in this precarious position in the first place

kjayp and D-rock like this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

For real. Give Morey all his own picks + 4 x #30 pick + KAT locked up and he will build a dynasty in a couple of years.

Here:

1) One pick (the 3rd best Rockets pick) to dump Dieng on the Kings right now. Add a 2nd rounder if necessary.
    2) One pick (the worst Rockets pick) and Teague for Tyson Chandler and Troy Daniels (both expiring).
    3) Fire Thibs and start tanking immediately. Hire the best player development guy available.
    4) Summer 2019: high draft pick (using their own pick) added.
    5) In the summer, Wiggins and the remaining 2 picks to upgrade.

Now they have cap space + a high draft pick + all their own future picks + KAT + Wiggins-Upgrade. Can go for one more tanking season or sign vets.

I feel bad for Wolves fans. They are being held hostage by Thibs and Taylor's selfishness. That roster is finished, and Thibs' credibility with his players is shot for sure. He is closest to the guy who is alienating the franchise player and is going to walk in the summer. Ridiculous situation.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. AXG

AXG Member

I've changed my mind a bit on this. I don't mind including Gordon but 4 1sts is too steep. Obviously Chriss and Knight are nothing special. We can even throw in Zhou and/or Hartenstein

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock and DonKnock like this.