1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Houston has to include Eric Gordon to get Butler deal done"-Woj on SC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 26, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no chance riley is giving 5 picks for Butler
    Morey gave the offer one simply can not beat

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would genuinely argue that we need another strong PF or C aside from Capela who can protect the rim and secure rebounds.

No amount of star power can compensate for a hole in the roster balance.

jboslett and jcf like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Riley can offer up to 3 picks, their 2021 (unprotected) is already going to Phoenix for the Dragic trade so, he can offer the 2019, 2023 and 2025, but yeah, i just don't see it, they're just not in a good position to offer all those picks, that's way too risky for them imo. They can offer more/better players than us though, especially if we won't give up Gordon.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, I get that, but theres no source though? We dont actually know if they upped their offer. We know they are still talking to Miami but lol I mean, I dont know what they are gonna offer that beats ours. The worst they can do is force our hand to deal Gordon.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Give them Gordon and less than 4 picks and pray Knight gets healthy and can consistently hit 3s. Stagger Harden, Butler and Paul. Sign a bought out player mid season and hope we gel in time for the playoffs.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

MarioKissoDeath and hakeem94 like this.
  7. jcf

jcf Member

I know Eric is a good player. But, except for one game that it felt like he won for us, I don't recall him really showing up in the play-offs.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

all the players miami will offer and more minny can obtain by trading away 4 picks morey will give them

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, tbh we don't know anything, even our four picks, i guess we actually offered them, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're great, depends on eventual protections etc...four 1st rounders might still be a worse package than two good players and one 1st rounder, especially if the team involved wants to stay competitive now.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

which 2 players can make them competitive now?

Oluynuk and Whiteside?

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not necessarily, pretty sure Josh Richardson wouldn't be available for two or maybe even three of our 1st rounders. Not because he's that good, but simply cause for Miami doesn't make sense to move that player/contract for future picks, especially if they're not projected to be that good, the same thing you can say about other players, it's not like once the Wolves get our 2019 and 2021 1st rounders, they can go out there and get whoever they want. On the other hand, if they can add Josh Richardson and James Johnson with a better 1st rounder than our own, they would have immediately a better roster and still a decent pick to use in trades.

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Richardson and JJ i'd say, J.Rich is basically a less good Butler, JJ fits with KAT and with what Thibs wants from a player.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. rockets13champs

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmm, well at the very least, judging by WOJ and Windhourst is that Taylor DOES want those picks but . So Im assuming , despite what kind of protections there are, they are a pretty valuable trading piece. But yea I agree Miami offer could be better than just our first picks but I dont think they will include the combination of picks and players. I honestly think if we included Gordon this deal would be done.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wolfson says the wolves didn’t leak the rockets offer it was either leaked by butler or rockets.

Confirmed that wolves turned offer down.

Sounds like maybe Morey made the leak so people would know he tried

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Damn, I think you might be right @Vivi

This sucks, what is wrong with Minnesota.

Vivi likes this.
  17. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Eric Gordon: 26-80 fg made lol, what a drop from last year

napalm06 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this will prevent thibs trading butler for less to a team just to spite butler

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Also, its prolly from our side, why would Butler have any info to leak?

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Gordon and four 1st rounders...i don't think Minnie can turn this down unless the picks are pretty much all heavy protected.

If the offer is Knight, Chriss/Nene and the picks (with some protections) well, i think they can actually turn that down.