1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Final Four Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Icehouse, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I really dislike both of these schools, but I think whoever wins this game, will be the national champs.

2. Kam

Kam Member

Dumb shot.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I'm rooting for Butler.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Well heck, it was a great run. Sad to see it end.

Yall should be able to buy a ticket to the Finals on Monday from a UK fan for really cheap if you head down to Reliant right now.

5. RV6

RV6 Member

final four att record set tonight... 75,000 +

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There will be so many empty seats Monday night it won't be funny.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I am rooting for Stevens, the next head coach of the Houston Rockets.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

hell there were a ton of empty seats tonight.... uconn faithful had a terrible showing, 2/3 of their student section was completely empty.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Tough loss :(

I don't think any of the UK freshman are ready for the NBA especially Terrence Jones but I can't blame them.

The fact that Brandon Knight can graduate next year gives me hope that he will be back. I wouldn't be shocked if DeAndre Liggins tested the waters either.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Goodbye Jorts :(

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Just how easy are UK's academic programs? Knight on track to graduate in 2 years, even Patterson graduated in 3 years.

:)

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol I know you're joking but I Knight took a lot of college courses in high school.

13. Smokey

Smokey Member

UConn's showing was pathetic. Hoping their fans went to Indy...

14. Roxs-Redemption

sigh. My UK team lost...I probably want UConn to win...Kemba Walker!!

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Aside from UCONN's student section, which you are spot on about, the rest of the place looked packed. Imagine how many folks would have been there with one more power school.

16. emjohn

emjohn Member

QFT.

I gained respect for every fanbase but theirs. Their showing was pitiful.

17. RV6

RV6 Member

I dont know...there's gotta be fans of the losing teams that have their rooms and flights booked already. I think they'll decide they might as well attend. Some may try to sell their tickets and will attend, if they can't sell them.

Being in a big city, where there's a ton of people willing to attend big events like this, I think they'll be able to sell a lot of their tickets. I'm already seeing tickets on craigslist for almost 50% off.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Yeah, maybe Houston citizens can pack the place on the cheap, or maybe some more Indy folks roll down. I don't expect to see any more UCONN people and I expect all the Kentucky folks who drove to bounce.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

I figure you were kidding...

The players can take classes in the summer, so they get a few extra hours of classes in then. That's how Patrick ended up graduating in 3 years. Also, Brandon took basically all AP classes his senior year of high school. Ended up with enough credits to enter as a Sophomore. (For the record, I did the same thing and was only 3 credit hours from being a sophomore when I started college ;) I could have graduated in 3 years as well, but I liked school - heck I still like school - and didn't have an NBA contract waiting for me!)

As for the UK NBA prospects... my best guess is if anyone declares it will be Terrence... though he's not ready imho the fact that its likely he will be close to a lotto pick he may do it.

Brandon is more likely to stick around to get his degree and try for a chip. Thinking about how stacked our team will be next year if he, Liggins, Miller and Lamb all stay with the four incoming freshman makes me drool. We'd have the perfect mix of talent and experience.

20. lean

lean Member

UConn victory last night earned me $200 :)