1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Final Four Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Icehouse, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm excited that the Final Four is coming to town (just got tix yesterday). Selection Sunday is this weekend, and they will have an updating bracket up outside Reliant that you can see from the freeway. I'm hoping the city handles things well and get's positive reviews, unlike Dallas for the SB.

I wonder how a restaurant wound up on this list:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/2011-02-17/final-four-restaurant-information

The Chron has a blog for the tourney:

http://blogs.chron.com/ncaatournament/

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Pretty cool and excited...I'm sure the restaurants paid big bucks to sponsor the event...if you're a tourist from out of town, those are the spots you'll hit first for sure...My brother said the kings of leon are playing a free concert there final four weekend...

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

anyone going to bracket town?

have they announced whos playing at disco green other than Kings of Leon? I think it was Kings of Leon.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I think Kings of Leon are playing at Disco Green.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Got my tix. Duke don't let me down!

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Just hoping Texas makes it so I can buy some tickets.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I went to the Elite 8 last year, and it was well worth the money. St. Mary's lost in the Sweet 16 to Baylor, so a bunch of their fans sold their tickets for the last day, and I bought a pair 4 rows behind the Baylor bench from a 70+ year old couple (alums).

Seating's very tricky... the rafters are ideal, but you have to dole out a chunk of change and get on the tickets fairly early in the process. Standard seating that's in-place for Texans' games seemed like it was miles away from the floor, and the corners/endzone spots are not even worth the money, unless you're only in it for the atmosphere.

Reliant should have jam-packed more seating around the floor, and I'm hoping they made some changes for the Final 4 because complaints about the seating arrangement were widespread during last year's event.

8. Icehouse

I plan to.

9. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Watching a basketball game at reliant is terrible (really at all football arenas).

Hopefully Longhorns make it to final 4, and Houston puts on a good show.

10. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

still trying to get tickets, but really pumped about the final four. Im gonna go to bracket-town as well. I went last year too...seating isnt ideal but it was ok. Atmosphere was awesome, hopefully we put on a good show.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

how much are tix going for my man?

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

For sure, Reliant was absolutely overrun with Baylor students and alumni during the Elite 8 last year, and Duke's band was extremely rowdy.

If Texas manages to make it to Houston, it's going to be out of control. Tens of thousands of Exes/current students decked out in burnt orange...

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Maybe someone will buy me a ticket to fly down for the finals... ;)

I'm excited to hear from those of you who get to attend... an NCAA Final Four attendance is on my bucket list.

14. Icehouse

$300 to get in the building (600 section). $400 to move into the 500 section. Between $500-$700 to get into the Club/Mezzanine section (300's). I didn't bother looking in the 100 section.*

You can catch deals in all of those ranges but that seems to be the typical asking price. Looks like most of the current tickets are from scalpers and those who won them in the lotto.*

I went to see the games in Reliant the last 2 times and I didn't think the seating was bad.*

15. Icehouse

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm flying down for the long weekend....cant believe I scored tickets from a great pal in Htown.

I'm trying to do one major sports event a year.

Two years ago I went to Game One of the WS. Last year I went to the Masters. This year the NCAA Final.

17. Icehouse

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

They gotta cut that NAPA commercial out.

Na na na na na napa know how!

19. Icehouse

Yes....quite lame.

Has anyone passed by the updating scoreboard outside of Reliant?

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I went to the sweet 16 at reliant a few years ago and it ws pretty bad, hopefully they made some changes to the set up